Chapter 29: Cool Off

CHAPTER 29

"'Di na tayo magkasundo, sumisikip na ang ating mundo.

Time-out muna tayo."

- Cool Off by Session Road

"She was pregnant?" I asked, my breath hitching.

Apollo was only staring at me as my tears continued to stream down my face. I could only look down on my lap and sob. Why do these things have to happen to me? Why do these things keep on happening to me?

I felt the bed sink and I know he was sitting beside me. "Look, Sahara. I didn't tell you any of it because it's not just my secret to tell."

I sat up straighter before looking at him. His eyes looked tortured as he watched my tears continued to fall. "Apollo, girlfriend mo ako. I should know things like this. Shouldn't I know about this?"

He sighed, reaching out to wipe the tears away from my face with his own hands. "I'm sorry, Sahara."

I moved my face away from him and he dropped his hand. "Are you sorry for not telling? Or are you sorry you got caught?"

He answered, without a beat. "I'm sorry you had to know this way."

Huh. He was sorry I had to know this way. Well, he could've prevented this from happening if he already told me the whole story about Maya; their relationship, the baby and the accident.

I couldn't help but glare at him. Ang sama-sama ng loob ko sa kanya. "Were you ever going to tell me about this?"

He looked away from me as he nodded. "Yes, but I didn't know when is the right time to tell you that."

Hindi niya alam? He should've told me about this as soon as he could!

I jumped from his bed and looked down on him. "Nung nanggugulo si Maya! Hindi ba right time 'yun para ipaalam sa akin why she was acting that way? Ilang beses siyang nanggulo sa atin, Apollo. Maraming beses na pwedeng mag open-up sa akin at magsabi ng totoo." I scoffed at his worried face. "I mean, what were you waiting for? Kapag nagbalikan na kayo? Kapag kasal na kayo?" I screamed at him.

God, why am I screaming at him? This isn't me. I don't scream at people I love when we're arguing. Am I getting crazy? Why am I being like this?

I need to get away from this room. So I turned my back on him and walked towards his bedroom door to leave.

I sensed him coming towards me. I tried to open the door but he slammed his palm against it. I jumped away from him. "Where are you going?"

"To my room!" I hissed. Bakit niya ba ako pinipigilan?

He shook his head. "Sahara, please stay. Let's talk about this now."

"Oh, so now you want to talk?" I scoffed. Bakit gusto niya na makipag-usap kung kailan ayoko na? He has to give me space after what I learned about him and Maya! "Well, ako? Ayoko muna! Hayaan mo munang mapag-isa ako. I need to think!"

"You can do that here, Sahara."He tried to touch me but I move away. I regretted it immediately when I saw his shoulders sag.

So I reached towards him and held his hand. Trying to soften up, I explained to him what I really needed now. "No. Hindi ako nakakapag-isip nang matino kapag nandyan ka, Apollo."

"Princess–"

I kissed him on his jaw. Apollo pressed his forehead against mine before kissing it tenderly. "I'm so sorry, Princess." I could only nod as I was trying not to cry again. I pushed him away gently before I opened the door and left him standing there in his room.