Chapter 18

Faith's POV.

"Mr McCain? Wh-what are you doing here?" I inquired, I was busy with reading in my own thoughts trying to get this man's words out of my head but every time I failed at doing so. But then someone knocked at the front door. Dragging myself downstairs and pulling the door open Zack's father stood on the other side, I should be shutting the door in his face for what he said to me but where would that get me?.

"may I please speak to you?" how question and I only nodded. Widening the door so that he can enter he doesn't hesitate to strode right in into the living room, I, for one followed eagerly awaiting for his reason for coming to me. He takes a seat on the couch as I take one in front of him.

"here. Zack told me you liked roses so I thought maybe you would like these" he hands me the roses I only give him a small forced smile. I have to say they are beautiful. AL the thorns has been cut off the roses slightly open I have was actually fluttered by the roses.

" what brings you here?" I jump straight to the subject, he straightens himself in the couch adjusting the right position to be sitting, well for me I'm as stiff as a dead rat.

"I have come to apologize Faith. I have acted out and it was wrong from me. I have a history with rogues Faith that is why I am so against the whole mate thing, but I promised Zack I would get to know you first. When I was still a boy my dad was tortured by rogues and my mother was raped several times so she became pregnant with one, a naturally bored Rogue. Me, I was casted out of the family I went to live with my aunt In this pack and since then I always hated rogues, I know what they are capable of. Zack explained to me you were forced to be one that is why I am making time to try to know you. So faith tell me some things about you? " he ended, I. Ever knew that would be the reason but I do understand my family went through the same thing but his was more brutal and I can relate to that.

"well. I'm sorry about your past Mr McCain. I know how that feels, my father was the Beta of my old pack we would go out every weekend to go to the lake. It was his favorite thing to go and to. Just us four. But one day it was a saterday we headed back to the pack to find everything and everyone dead. We didn't have a choice to be in the wild. We kept on going. After a few months we were ambushed, my dad pulled me into a tree and said I should say there and the last thing I could remember was the screams of my dying parents and I couldn't do anything I didn't know what to do. After it felt like hours crying In the tree I climbed down and just ran. My mom dad and brother was gone" my voice broke taking in a deep breath I continued "a few years passed and I accidentally past this pack that is how I met Zack but I quickly went another way. But my luck got worse I was captured by other rogues, kept as their pet. Poisoned me beaten me.... But I broke out a few months after and ran straight to this pack. This is how I ended up here, to find out my brother was still alive and the Beta." I ended. I never thought I would tell him this so soon but it feels like if there is a mountain lifted of me. I was In such a daze I didn't even notice he stood up and took a seat next to me.

Giving me a kind smile he brought me into his embrace and honestly it felt nice to know he understood my pain. Though his somewhat my father in law.

"Faith can you dance?" this took me by surprise and no I cannot dance at all but I'm too embarrassed to admit it but I would like to learn. Being honest I shake my head no.

"OK. I am going to learn you then because tonight we are going to p.a.r.t.y" he spelled the last word out. Zack's father is actually nice when he isn't breaking walls down. Giggling he rose of his feet holding out his hand for me to take, I take it with a smile and his face lightens up.

"just follow my feet OK?" he takes me around the waist and my other hand in his putting my other hand on his shoulder he begins to move slow.

After stepping several times on his poor toes I finally got it right. Moving faster now I'm getting good at this I have to admit.

Mr McCain is probably 2 hours busy trying to teach me to dance. We would laugh most of the time of my miss stepping I even fell on my but once but now! I'm ready.

"now we are going to dance like you dance in disco clubs. There is a trick to this one. You have to let the music carry you go with the rhythm" I nodded I don't know how am I going to do this. He makes it sound so easy but truthfully it's ducking hard as shit.

"oh dear Goddess... Faith you look like a waving stick!" he yelled but he's screaming of laughter. I felt my cheeks warm up. Currently playing is Girls On Boys by Galantis, apparently she's a female Dj. The song is nice but my moves suck.

"O..Ok sweety let's try again. Now watch me" he prompted. I watch as he moves his heaps around and as soon as there is extra beat he moves faster. Waving his arms in the air.

"now you" he says. Closing my eyes trying to listen. I let my hips carry my and before I knew it I was swaying my hips around but it soon snapped when someone behind me whistled. Spinning around, there stood Zack, Alan and Sherry all just staring at awe. Strapping my hands over my and hiding behind James I can feel the bright redness on my cheeks. How long did he see me dancing for. My heart is racing I just embarrassed myself in front of my own mate.

Hearing them laugh makes me feel even worse. James back vibrates of the laugh. I can only imagine why they are laughing I looked pathetic.

"how long have you been standing there?" I squealed. My voice even sounds weak. James soon turns toward me with the biggest smile. I wish I can just slap him but I came to love him as my father in law.

"since you've been dancing like a stick" he Moses careless with a smile plastered on his lips. Alan seems amused but also quiet. Sherry looks proud of her loving mate. Me and James had a bonding moment that I Wil always remember.

"You interrupted my privacy. Shame on you!" I tried to sound serious but my voice is still so weak it came out as a whimpering puppy. This caused Zack to laugh even harder. Crossing his arms he casually strides toward me wrapping his arms around me digging his face into the crook of my neck. It doesn't matter what he did I Wil always forgive him and love him. Our bodies fit perfectly together.

"Doesn't matter how bad you dance you still perfect for me" he places his lips on mine soft and gentle my body automatically reacted toward it.

"Z.... Not the times for lovy dovy" James muttered. This caused me to laugh. He sends me a smile before Zack released me. Looking back to Alan he looks lost. Like a heart broken pain has fallen on him. I told Zack I will be right back and strode to Alan's side. He gives me a forced smile and that is when I knew he's broken about something.

"what's the matter?" I ask as he just closes his eyes before opening them again. I hate to see someone down its just apart of who I am.

"I can't have a mate" is his simple words but carried so much hurt. My heart broke down for him everyone deserves a mate. Why not him?

Poor Alan.

Plz comment down below and let me know what you thought about this chapter!!?? 😁

Thank you all

Love yah wolfies