Chapter 24

A week after the rejection

Zack's pov

A week has passed since she has accepted my rejection, it hurt, but I was wrong to do that to her, our pups.

I have made my mistake to mark and mate Mara, she was in heat and I couldn't escape it, it has driven me to reject my mate so that my hormones can be setisfied, and I regret it.

My family is disappointed at me, specially my mother, she loved Faith and so did I, I still do. I Wil do anything to have her back. But what can I do? She has accepted the rejection, there is no turning back. I have to live with the pain of losing my mate due to my own selfishness, my needs that I couldn't control.

"Zack!?" Alpha John bellowed, snapping my gaze to him, I completely zoned out on what he was saying.

"I have been talking to you, and all you have been doing is stare into the distance?" he questioned, sighing, I hate it when this happens. It happens often even Mara says so.

"I'm sorry, I'm thinking about Faith" I said honestly, he just stares at me for awhile before he types away on his computer.

"I have news about Faith, if you are interested to hear?" he asked, nodding I moved forward in my chair so that I can have a better hearing even though it's not needed.

"Beverly has contacted me to confirm if it's alright if Faith can come and speak to me, about business" he muttered, my heart pulled at that, she isn't coming for me. She's coming to talk to my Alpha, I have no meaning to her anymore.

"Zack... If I'm being honest, you have made a big mistake but you cannot change the past, you have to learn from your mistakes. And learn to make the right ones in the future" he sternly said, he is right, I had made a terrible mistake and I regret it everyday since I did it.

"I know" is all I said, i want to see Faith. I want to hug her and tell her how sorry I am but it won't heal her broken heart, she had hope for us, and I broke it. I broke her

"when are they coming?" I Decided to ask, she inhaled as he thought for a moment before he answered me.

"in a hour" he breaths out, a hour! I have to get ready, I know I don't have to but I want to look decent for my mate... Ex mate.

"who is coming with her?" I ask again.

"apparently it's Beverly and her helpers, those who helped Faith" he muttered under his breath.

"may I be excused?" I ask. I can't waist another moment here and knowing time Is running out, John gives me a nod, jumping to my feet, I force the chair to screeth against the floor.

After I took a shower and got dressed, it brought back memories. The day at the lake, the night we marked each other. Feeling a tear roll down my cheek, I was never this weak but with Faith I Wil always be.

"hey baby, what's a mater?" Mara casually enters the room, I hated it if she called me that, it felt wrong. Clenching my jaw, she makes her way to sit next to me on the bed.

"nothing, listen.. My mat- ex mate is coming to talk to the Alpha, be on your best behavior" I sternly asked, her eyes grew wide as she jumps to her feet, following her movement. She looks pissed..

"If she comes near you I swear I will k-" I cut her of before she could finish.

"you would what? Faith is much stronger then you Mara. She would snap you like she stick" I hissed at her, she gulped and I mentally grinned at her, I will chose Faith's side no matter what, she might not be mine anymore but she was my first mate, my true mate.