Chapter 26

Wow! Already at chapter 26, never thought I would get this far. Hope you are enjoying the book so far and lots of love.

Beverly's pov.

Alpha John has been send to the critical care ward, one of the nurses gave Faith aiding for her busted lip. Zack wanted to kill him on the spot but the guards were to fast for him, if it wasn't for Mara that came running for help.. I don't know what would have happened.

"this is stupid! I shouldn't be here" Faith muttered from beside me, we are waiting for the test results of John and now we are in the waiting room.

"Now, why do you say that?" I ask carelessly, Faith has Changed a lot after the training, after the rejection. She's more independent, more confident about herself. She's not afraid to make choices anymore.

"Beverly" she snapped her head to me, for a moment I saw anger dwelling in her irises but I shook it off, I know she won't hurt me, she's frustrated like us all "I can't stay here... The... The bond is still there between Me and Zack, I don't want to be here" she Beggs. My eyes go wide, for a moment I thought if might fall out of its sockets. This is very rare, It doesn't happen often. The bond will die but that little bit that got left out if enough to drag you back to the person even if you aren't mated of mates anymore.

"You gotta be shitt- that's it we have to get you away from here as soon as possible, when John is well again.. We leave and never come back" I blurted out, I am worried about Faith, her Second mate is out there waiting for her. She can't fall in the hands of Zack again..

"okay" she whispered softly, hanging her head, I felt a pinch in my heart for what I had said, Zack was her true mate. She loved him and here I am pulling them further apart.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ups-" she cuts me off as she lifts her hand to stop me, she takes a long deep breath before looking at me, her once ocean blue eyes are now a dull blue.

"It's fine, once the bond is fully gone I will return here and make things right again.. He might have crushed my heart but... I still want to be friends with him" she reasons.  Taking her hand in mine I only nod at her, I can't force her into a live she don't want. If she still wants to be friends with Zack I will not stop her. I am just afraid he hurts her again, but I know that won't happen. In a few weeks the bond will be completely gone and she will not have to worry about that anymore.

"thank you" she whispered, bringing her into my embrace she gladly wraps her arms around my back, we broke apart as soon as the doors opened.

Turning to the person who entered the room, it's Matthew himself walking to us. Faith gets to her feet as I follow after.

"How is he?" Faith asks, holding her hands behind her back I can see she is nervous for the news that might come, it will either be bad or good news.

"He is stable, the women who has came into his life... Died a few weeks ago. The poisoning or whatever it is, is slowly working out... His himself again.. For now" he ended. Me and Faith exchanged glanced as if she was asking me what is wrong with him but I don't know, it can be anything. I am not very clued up with poison but... I know who is.

Jace

______________________

"Jace please just take a look at him" I begged. He kept on saying no because he tried to kill Faith, he sighs in defeat as he drags his feet toward the hospital doors. Jace can be stubborn but he is a good kid.

Faith slowly follows behind as we make our way to Alpha John's room. The hospital is quiet now. The nurses is busy with their patients and most of the patients are sleeping. Being as silent as we can we make our way through the doors of the room where the Alpha is laying. Faith closes the door as she walks through. Turning to the Alpha, he seems shocked too see us.