Chapter 39

This song fits Faith's Death👆

Victor's pov.

It's hurts, it hurts so fucking much. We all were just talking around the bomb fire and all of a sudden there is a arrow sticking out of my mates chest, a arrow shot by hunters. They were camping up the hill when they saw a oppertunity to shoot, and Faith was the easy target.

It's been a week, a week since Faith's death, I'm slowly crumbling inside, I don't eat, I don't sleep, I just can't.

The pack members didn't do a Burial for Faith, no. They chose to freeze her, like a true Queen deserves, preventing her body to decompose and rot.

My mate is dead, the mother to my children is dead.

Patunia doesn't even talk to no one, Sage... His vivid, he wants revenge on the Hunters that killed his mother. Sage and Faith was very close, he saw her as his little savior, I saw her as my light, my aid in my darkest hour, the love of my life.

Every pack member isn't even talking, their grieving for their Queen, each day, they go lay down fresh flowers by the glass room where Faith's body is laid.

Her body is gowned in a white long dress, a bunnet of flowers on her head, as her skin turned white of the oldness.

Each day I spend most of  my time here, looking through the glass, praying, crying, begging the Moon Goddess to return her to me. This wasn't how it was meant to go, she was meant to stay by my side forever.

But she was taken away, the pain of just seeing her lifeless form lying there breaks the last little peace of my heart, any other wolves would have killed themselves of the loss of their mate but I can't. I have to stay strong for my children, they are all that I have left.

"Dad?" Sage whispers from behind me, as I'm still staring at my mate. He walks silently to my side, holding me to his embrace. I cried on his shoulder everyday and every night.

"I have Failed her Sage, I have failed your mother" I sobbed into his shoulder, he tries and comforts me by drawing circles on my back.

"I promise on mom's life.. I will fix this, we have to carry out her legacy dad" he pulls away as he stares at me with those pure silver pupils "don't give in, we all miss mom, she'll always live in our hearts, looking down to us from above" he assures me, tears forming in his eyes as the words left his mouth.

"come" he stands, extending his hand for me to take, I look at it for a moment before taking it, pulling me to my feel it feels like I could collapse into the ground if it wasn't for my son.

"you, you gonna eat... Like right now" I wanted to say something but before my mouth opened to protest he silenced me "I don't want to ear anything, if you want to stay strong for this pack and us, eat. Get your energy back dad... That's final" he snapped at me in a good way, I get it he wants to try and help me, but what can I do?

"You remind me of your Mother" I smiled weakly up at him, I almost forgot how tall he is and broad, he's only Nineteen but he's in shape.

"You only noticing that now? Really dad" he laughs lightly as he helps me walk into the mantle where pack members stood around, talking or just doing nothing.

"how's Patina?" I ask concerning, I last saw her two days ago, she keeps herself locked up in her room the whole time, the only person she will see is Sage.

"Better but still....." he trailed off.

"broken" I filled in for him. Pain and sadness strikes his face, nodding slowly just as the door opened to reveal Titan.