Chapter 1

Don't you ever wonder how you ended up in situations? The moments where you're like oh fuck? This was me right now. My heart was racing. I couldn't understand what exactly was going on. All I knew was I had to hide. My spot was in the junkyard, hiding behind a car. There were three men that got into a fight and started shooting. I ran and hid soon as I heard gun shots. My leg kicked a can across the ground and they started shooting so I ran. Now all I could hear was the pounding of my heart against my chest. I was hoping that they would disappear. I closed my eyes and tried to picture a better place than this. I heard noises getting closer. Footsteps hitting the ground like a shot in the dark. My hair was yanked and I cried out. He dragged me into an open area. They chuckled and laughed. The guys grabbed and yanked me around. I was trying to get away. They wouldn't let me go. I was tearing up. The guy grabbed my shirt, I smacked him. He grabbed my chin and held it there. Then tossed me to the ground. This felt like this was the end. They began shouting at something else. Glancing up at them. The guys pointed their guns at each other. They both fired at their heads. I screamed and covered my eyes. Blood went everywhere. They blew out their brains. I couldn't stand to look.

Something was evilly chuckling in the darkness. I looked around. A man slithered towards the dead guys. He deeply inhaled their bloody brains. I felt sick to my stomach. His piercing eyes glanced at me. Frozen, I knew he saw me. He raced over towards me. I was too frightened to even try to run. He grabbed my hands and pinned me down. Whimpering in fear, he smelled my neck. I closed my eyes to control my thoughts about dying. The man spoke in another language. I couldn't understand him. Was it Spanish? "You're alive." He said in English and stood up slowly. I sat up, a little confused. He walked over to the dead bodies. "I'm not here for you human. I'm here for them." I saw him pick one of them up. I was so frightened. Why did he want them? How sick was this guy? I stood up with the look of fear on my face. He chuckled at me. He dropped the body to the ground. He came over to me in a fast pace. I started backing away from him. He grasped my wrists and pulled me closer. I tried to break free of him, but his grip on me was strong. His eyes met mine, nothing but a black hole in his soul. This made me even more worried. He licked his lips. "I wonder how much fun I'd have with you."

I tried to push him away. "Let me go! If you want money, I have $23-"

He laughed. "What am I going to do with that? Money doesn't work where I'm from." He smelled my hair. "Where I'm from, the fires are hot." He grasped my ass tightly. His mouth was close to my ear. "Nothing but endless screams of tortured souls for hours non stop." He placed my leg on his waist and held it there. Tipping me backwards, "And you, Isabella, are a simple little human who lives in this world." His tongue traced from my neck to my jaw bone. It felt so weird and gross. I kept trying to shove him off of me. But every time I tried, it wasn't doing anything. My mind raced to think of things to ask him. "How do you know my name? What are you?"

He smiled wickedly. "Don't worry about that. Just remember this, I saved your life. Now you owe me something in return." Licking his lips, "And I think I know what it might be." I tried to run but he pulled me right back into his arms. "I think you know too." His fingers ran up and down my arm. Breathing heavy, I had to think of something. Wanted nothing more than to give him something other than sex.

"I'll get you whatever you want. If its a new car or something. I can give you one cause-"

This only seemed to annoy him with my babbling. He got me to face him. "You'll listen and listen well." He took out a pocket knife. I quickly ran from him. He didn't chase after me. He appeared in front of me. Once he grabbed me, he pinned me back to the ground. I tried to fight him, but his weight held me down. His hand grasped mine, he started gently cut my finger. Blood started dripping; Then continued to lick my finger. I could feel it start to burn. I screamed in pain. It felt like it was on fire. Once he sucked up all the blood, he let me go. I felt dizzy. "What did you do to me?!" I cried out.

He smiled at me. I didn't like it. "On the third full moon, I will be back for you. That gives you about a month and a half or so. You have all the time you can get on this realm. Cause once I return for you, you're never going to see it again."

I twitched a few times. "What's wrong with me?" My vision was becoming blurry by the second. I couldn't forget his face. The face that ruined my life. He wasn't sorry for it either. It seemed like he was actually pleased with himself.

He brushed himself off. "It seals the deal. I can find you no matter where you are. I'll know where you are every second of the day."

I closed my eyes. "Why are you doing this to me?"

He dropped down and got close to my ear. His voice became something not human like. "You're mine now Isabella." Words that echoed in my mind as I blacked out after hearing those awful words.

I woke up in sweat in my bedroom. That was some crazy dream. I looked up at the sky. It was a crescent moon. I was safe even if it was real. I don't think it was anyway. I just tried to go back to sleep. But I couldn't. There was no way that it wasn't real. Checking my finger, there was no cut. No mark. No blood. It must have been a dream. Otherwise, something would have been there. Taking in a deep breath, I snuggled back under the blanket. I could still hear his words. "You're mine now Isabelle."

How did he even know my name? Maybe it's a exboyfriend dream? I tried to think of happy things to put myself to sleep. Luckily, it worked.