Chapter 24

Carrie was baking a cake. I was sitting on the couch. The tv was on. But I wasn't watching it. I was thinking about last night. What was going on? I wanted answers from him. Carrie waved her arms around. "Isabella!!"

I looked at her. "Sorry. Ive been thinking." Carrie was about to speak when there was a knock at the door. She walked over and opened it. I looked over. The man looked very familiar. I got negative vibes from him. His eyes met mine. "I just moved in a few doors down." I didn't believe him. Carrie did though. She introduced herself and pointed me out. I felt very nerve wracking. Something wasn't right. Carrie came over to me. "Isabella are you okay?"

I was about to speak when another voice came in. "Isabel, the sink isn't working right." Eurynomus stood behind me. His fingers grasped my shoulders. His eyes met the other guys. "Seth." He mumbled. Seth snorted. He walked out of the apartment. Carrie looked at him. "You know him?"

He nodded. He grasped my waist. "Feeling okay?" I shook my head.

Carrie gave me a look. "Were in danger now. Aren't we?"

I looked up at him. "Are we?" He didn't like how I said it. But it's true. We need to know.

Eurynomus sighed. "His name is Seth. He is a strong demon. Son of Abalam."

"What does he want?" Carrie crossed her arms. He was about to speak when she interrupted him. "No lies Titan!" He smirked silently. She shook a little.

"He wants a human bride. He knows I am friends with Isabel and he will do anything to get either one of you. You cannot act weird or act suspicious. I am following closely next to him. I need to discover a secret he is hiding. If its something really big, father can take half of his powers away." His eyes met mine. I had to get him alone. I slumped to the ground. Eurynomus lifted me into his arms. Carrie squeezed my arm. "Make her lay down." He was about to go when she asked, "How did you get in here?"

He smiled evilly. "Do you really wanna know Carrie?" She didn't answer him.

He carried me into my room. He placed me on the bed. "How are you feeling?"

I crossed my arms. "Not as dizzy as I was." He sighed. "Why did he come here last night?"

Eurynomus held my hands. "He tracked me down." Something hidden was in his eyes. "Our mark doesn't matter to him. He'll try to find a way to break it. He wants you. I can sense it. If he can't have you, he'll make Carrie his bride."

I rolled my eyes. "I wish him luck cause he'll never have me. Ever."

He smirked at me. "You're so sexy." His hands ran down my body. I rolled my eyes. He bit my lip. "Just get some rest." I closed my eyes cuddled up next to him. I really just wanted this whole mess to end honestly.

When I woke up the next morning, Eurynomus had his arms wrapped tightly around me. His legs were even holding mine. I rolled over to face him. I place my hands on his chest. He groaned. "Isabel, go to sleep." I rolled my eyes. He squinted at me. "Sleep."

"Why are you holding me so close like this?" Eurynomus covered my mouth. I didn't understand what was wrong. I wasn't going to win this fight. I closed my eyes and relaxed into his body. I could hear voices talking. Then it was quiet. A loud clap came. Eurynomus looked up at what it was. "Seth, be quiet." The foot steps got closer. Eurynomus sat up but I was still on his chest.

"Who has to stay quiet? Besides, we have a job to do. If you didn't remember. Drop the whore and let's go." He was very cold. Eurynomus got mad. I could feel his anger coming off of him. "Didn't mean to make you angry."

Eurynomus chuckled. "She's marked by me. Your jealously will end you."

"Not unless someone takes you out. Then she'll be free." Seth laughed. "Everybody knows that. If you go down, she's a free woman. Unmarked."

Eurynomus got out of bed. "Let's go. Before I change my mind." It got silent. I opened my eyes. They were both gone. What was the big secret he was keeping from me?