Chapter 31

We were back in my apartment. My feelings were overwhelming. Nothing I saw was changing my mind. He needed to be human. To have a chance to live life. A shadow stood in the corner. It was Eurynomus and he looked pretty pissed off. His eyes met the creature next to me. "Sith, why are you here?"

The creature growled. "You know why I come and go. I returned her, I'm leaving." He disappeared before he could be questioned anymore. His eyes met mine. I knew I was in for it. He came over to me. "What the hell were you doing with him?" I stared at him. His hands grasped my arms tightly. "You-" He paused. His eyes looked hurt. He let me go slowly. He backed away like I was scary. "You saw my mother?" His voice was low. "WHY?" He shouted. I didn't speak. He wasn't going to stop. He yanked me closer to him. "Tell me why you did that?!" He yelled. I tried to get away but he wouldn't stop pulling me. He screamed, "Tell me! Tell me!"

"I SAID TO TELL ME!" I smacked him and he let go. My eyes met his. Why was he being bitter? "I wanted to know why she did it!"

He mocked me. "I don't even know why. She wouldn't tell me."

He was being difficult about this. I crossed my arms. "I do."

He gave me a dirty look. "You talked to her too?!"

I shook my head. "I was shown it." How could I explain this to him? I still had the awful images in my head. "She was raped. By your father." He froze like time had caught up with him. He started thrashing around. He knocked stuff over. Broke a few things. I got close to the wall and waited for his rage to stop. Once he threw the chair at the wall and broke it in half. He begin to take deep breaths. His chest rising and falling. I went up to him and touched his back. I knew he was in some serious pain. He yanked me in front of him to face him. I was nervous to be in front of him. What if he got angry again. Eurynomus moved a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I won't hurt you Bella." He could see me thinking about hitting me or throwing me into a wall. "You're sure that's what you saw?" I nodded slowly. He kissed my head gently. I could see his thoughts. He was thinking betrayal, hurt, lies. He knew it all too well. Eurynomus picked me up and took me with him. We didn't end up in his room this time. Instead, we were in a huge room. The walls had fire going up and down them. The room almost started shinning like gold. The devil stood in the middle of the room. Eurynomus set me down next to him. I had no idea what was going on. The room was so hot. I was beginning to sweat. It must have been over 100 degrees. My eyes were rolling. I slumped to the ground. Eurynomus didn't even notice. He was too busy arguing with his father about his mom. I couldn't stay awake long enough to see what was going to happen. The last thing I saw was flames shooting up in the air where the devil stood.

My vision was blurry waking up. Eurynomus was right above me. His voice wasn't coming in clear. I turned my head to the side. It was dark in the room. I looked back at him. Everything caught up at once and came in clear as day. "Isabella." I blinked twice. He helped me sit up. He was holding my hands. "Can you hear me?" I shook my head. He took in a breath. "I'm so sorry. I forgot about how hot it was down there. I was just so pissed at him and I wanted answers." I didn't know what to say. Engulfing the heat and the toxic fumes of smoke around us. Was enough to knock me out. His fingers ran across my face. Why was I even acting this way? Something was off. Eurynomus kissed my head. "Just relax. Everything is okay now." I quickly sat up. I could feel it. It must be our connection kicking in. I gazed at his neck. A red gem with a silver chain was on his wrist. I pointed at it. "What is that?"

He didn't look away from me. "Something my father gave me." Faint whispering came out of nowhere. I couldn't understand it. But looking at him, told me he did. Then a blast came into my mind. "KILL." Eurynomus grasped my throat and pinned me on the ground. I was breathing deeply. I tried shoving him away. He wouldn't budge. "Eurynomus stop it!" He let me go. I stood up and raced to the bed. My heart was skipping beats. I coughed a few times as well. His head slightly turned. The voices were talking again. He slowly came towards me. He stood in front of me. He was frozen in place. His claws ran down my cheek. My chest was rising and falling. He tossed me across the room. I slid and hit a table. I laid there in pain.