Chapter 23

Carrie was eating salad in the living room. She had her magazine out. She looked up at me and smiled. "Hey you! Want to hit it at the mall?"

I sat next to her. "Actually, I was hoping I could talk to you."

She faced me. "Okay. Go on, is it about a boy?"

I looked away. "Kind of. But there's more to it and-" There was a knock at the door. I got up and answer it. Eurynomus stood there. Carrie looked over at us. "Is that your friend from the other night when you were drunk?"

He came inside. His eyes intensely met mine. I shut the door. Carrie came over to us. She looked at me. "If you're dating him, I'm fine with that. I'm glad you're letting me meet him."

"Uh..."

Eurynomus jumped in. "It's more than that." He stood away from us. "You might wanna sit down." Carrie stared at us. She was nervous and confused. He changed into a demon. Her eyes got wide. She fell to the ground, her arms were above her head screaming. I pulled her up to her feet. "Sam wasn't lying. You knew a demon was after you. You're with a demon! Oh my god...Isabella!" She was smacking my arms.

He changed into being a human. "It's not like she had a choice to begin with."

She shot her eyes at me. She was frightened. "What did you do to her?! Why are you here?!" Carrie began looking for something to protect herself.

I touched her shoulder, she froze in place. "He's not going to do anything. Something is after him, they're going to use everything he has close. Which is me. And will try to get to you as well."

Carrie smacked me. "You got yourself mixed up with a demon?! You put us in mortal danger!? What the hell?"

Eurynomus mumbled something. Carrie smacked him across the face. He held his chin. "You have some nerve messing with a demon prince."

She rolled her eyes in a non amusing way. "No, not just any demon you got mixed up with. He happens to be a prince of hell!" She glared at him. "Let me guess, your father is satan?"

He smirked at her. She threw her hands up in the air. "I can't take much more of this."

She went to her room. Sighing, I was going to go after her when he grabbed me. "She can't find out about the mark. It's going to be a lot harder to explain I can't remove it without killing you." I nodded.

She came back over to us. "Are we in danger now?" Eurynomus shook his head. "Great. What's your name anyway?"

He laughed. "How about we go with a nickname?"

She was about to speak when I spoke up. "Titan is his name. He's playing a trick on you."

She nodded. "Well Titan," She sounded unsure of his name. "What do you do as a demon?"

He hugged my waist. "She can fill you in. Father's calling me." He kissed my head. I heard him in my head, "Do not mention the mark at all or about Sam." He disappeared.

She gave me a dirty look. "What does he do?"

I sighed. "Eats the flesh off of humans until they are bones."

Her eyes widened. "He'll eat us!"

I shook my head. "No he won't. Only to the souls he has to collect for. We're safe."

She held her hand up. "How do you know this? Can you trust him?"

I smiled. "Yes, I can. We are safe."

I was laying in bed. Eurynomus appeared next to me. He pulled me into his arms. I sighed. "She thinks, you're going to eat us."

He shook his head. "I won't eat her." He smirked. "I might eat you though." He kissed me. I knew exactly what he meant by that. Never wanting me to leave his pants. I pushed him away a bit. "You would." I snuggled into his chest. "Stay with me till I fall asleep."

He breathed deeply. "Whatever you like."

I looked up at him. "Why are you acting different tonight?"

He smirked at me. "Isabel, I have to admit. For a horny demon, I'm not in the mood. I just want to be close to you." I kissed him sweetly. His arms tightened up around me. "I feel like I have a heartbeat."

I kissed his chest. "You have a heart."

His eyes met mine. "I'm heartless. Damned to eternal fire. And you....are a innocent angel that lives in a beautiful world."

I kissed his chin. "You're a beautiful person. Whether or not you believe it."

He laughed at me. "Okay Bella." He kissed my forehead. "Don't tell father." I didn't understand why he wasn't allowed to have a heart. He was once alive himself. "Who were you before this?"

He ran his fingers down my back. "Nobody. My mother aborted me before I was born. Right after she was raped. My father, claimed me as his son. This life, is all I know."

His darkened eyes met mine. "Don't worry about me so much Isabel."

I shrugged. "I get curious about you." I could feel him tense up. Like I wasn't supposed to ask any questions.

Eurynomus ran his fingers down my arm. "Go to sleep."

I frowned. "Why are you trying to-"

He covered my mouth. "Just trust me." He was acting like he was on high alert. I closed my eyes and settled into him. I felt a wave of heat hit me. Powerful footsteps came towards the bed. Eurynomus held me close. I was nervous. But I tried to pretend I was asleep. "Eurynomus with a pretty little human."

Eurynomus puffed at him. "She's my bitch. Now keep your voice down."

The demon touched my arm. I felt the hand move away. "You marked her?"

Eurynomus nodded. "Yes. She's mine."

"Are you joining me now?" Eurynomus pulled away from me. I heard him in my head. "Do not open your eyes until we are gone."

"I was waiting on you Seth." Eurynomus got out of bed. Once he did, I heard nothing but silence. I slowly opened my eyes. They were both gone.

** I will try to update this as much as I can. I'm also working on a story that was already on here. I took it off cause it had too many errors and it need work. If you want to check it out, it's called "I was kidnapped and I liked it?!"