Chapter 36

Eurynomus called Sith right after that. Luckily, he heard us. We explained what happened. Sith examined the apartment and cleared it. We ended up in the living room. "Your father, while his powers are gone, hired a bounty hunter for your damned soul." He pointed at the arrow. "That was a warning. Not to kill you, yet at least."

He nodded. "It's revenge."

Sith rolled his eyes. "It's keeping what is his. His true revenge will be making Isabella alone on earth without you." I didn't like this at all. The devil was getting on my last nerves. This was going to end somehow. Eurynomus and Sith were arguing on tactics. I snuck away into my room. I hopped out the window onto the fire escape and climbed down. I headed back to the hole we came out of, escaping from hell. I was going to settle this once and for all. I was going to give the devil my soul, in a chance for Eurynomus to have a normal life. Couldn't stop thinking about escaping that night, the devil tricking me, meeting Eurynomus for the first time. I was dragged into this whole world. Making it back to the woods, the portal was open. I went over and gazed inside. It was very dark down there. I took a couple steps inside until I was grabbed. Freaking out and kicking. It was Eurynomus. I pushed him away. He crossed his arms. "What the hell is wrong with you?! You leave to give your soul up?"

My eyes widened that he knew and he didn't even read my mind. "I-"

Sith came out from behind him. "We need to go before-"

Eurynomus grabbed my arms. "Not until she says shes not going to do this."

I yanked away from him. "I want to give you a chance to-"

"Don't even worry about me. I was the demon. Remember?"

Sith looked around. "We really need to-"

"Yeah I remember, the demon who dragged me into this mess!"

Eurynomus rolled his eyes. "So you're saying you don't love me anymore?"

I crossed my arms. "I never said anything about that now."

Sith got in between us. "Hello!" Eurynomus pushed him out of the way. "Do you still?"

I gave him a really serious look. "Yes. But I still want to-"

"Guys!"

"The hell you will! You're going back to your apartment." I sat down on the ground. Eurynomus got to my level. "I'll drag you back if I have to."

"Like all the other times you have before? I can be just as stubborn as you are." Sith yanked Eurynomus up. "We need to leave now." I stood up as well. My ears picked wind up. I shoved Eurynomus away. A sharp pain came to my chest. Gasping for air, I fell backwards into the ground. Eurynomus shouted. His eyes went to my chest where an arrow was sticking out of me. The bounty hunter stood a few feet away. "Damn it! She got in the way!"

Sith marched over to him. "You know better not to even around humans or in daylight!"

He rolled his eyes. "She-"

"Is going to die a slow painful death because of you!" Eurynomus lunged at him, holding him by the throat. The hunter chuckled. "Still have that demon strength." He tossed him away. His eyes looked over at me. "She'll die." He let out in defeat.

Sith came over and picked me up. His robes covered my wound. I grasped the robe as if it were something to hold onto. Eurynomus came over and took me from him. I cuddled up close to his body. It was getting cold. Sith looked at us. "First she'll get cold, next fire, and feel nothing as she slips away. Takes 24 hours to do all this." Eurynomus kissed my head. "It's going to be okay Isabel." I nodded slightly. His gazed went to the bounty hunter's. "Fix this."