Chapter 17

Carrie and I stayed home tonight after she got off work. We had dinner and joked around. It was almost midnight when Carrie got tired. "I think I'm turning in for the night."

I laughed. "Sure old woman, do you need some assistance getting into bed?" She flipped me off. This was the best. Sometimes all I wanted was some girl time. Not being dragged into hell every minute. Or get attacked by demons. The power went out. "What the hell?"

The lights flickered back on. Carrie screamed. Samuel stood there. He looked at us. "How cute. A little slumped party." He walked over towards Carrie. "Did you think this petty human was going to stop me?" He sniffed her neck. She froze. He chuckled. "Not bad at all. You have 60 more years to live. Not a bad life. Considering you're only 22." His eyes went back to me. "How about it Isabella? Wanna know how long you'll live?"

I took a few steps back. "Stay the hell away from me."

He laughed. "Really? Who's going to stop me? You're here with a human. No powers, you're weak."

I shook my head. "You're the one who's weak. Own up and leave." This was really bad. His intentions were going to keep him here. Knowing that it made us scared. My body language spoke it all, I was pretty nervous. Samuel's hands grabbed my sides. I could feel my skin burning. He inhaled deeply. His eyes rolled in the back of his head. He twitched. He looked at me. "Well...I'm a little surprised here. Looks like you don't have much longer." I hit him across the face. He tossed me to the ground. "I won't tell you cause you'll expect it." I wanted Eurynomus to come. But not in front of Carrie. It already looked like she was catching on quickly. She fell to the ground and fainted.

I called him to come. Samuel yanked me to my feet. He pinned me against the wall. His hands guided on my thighs. "You should chose me. I'll be better than a demon prince. He doesn't let you do anything. Can't leave his room, can't get drunk, needs a babysitter basically. You have no life." I tried to pull away but he pulled me back. "I could let you have your freedom. Treat you better. You'll love everything I do for you." He was trying to grab my v. I called for him again. He appeared behind Samuel. He yanked him off and tossed him cross the room. Eurynomus grabbed me. He clung me to his side immediately. Samuel wiped the blood off his mouth. "Foolish." He grabbed Carrie. I went to get her but I was held back. "Come and find me." He disappeared. I wanted to run over there. He held me down. "Stop it Isabel."

"No! She's my friend. I have to-"

He kissed my forehead. "Well get her back my way. That way, he doesn't get both of you." I knew I was blinded by his actions. Eurynomus was trying to calm me down. I couldn't help it though. "Isabella, she will come back."

I was shaking. He held me in his arms. "If she doesn't?" I was scared to know his answer. I couldn't think like that. He read my ugly thoughts. I knew by his face expression changing. He turned away. "I'm going to do the best I can."

I believed him. "So where are we starting?"

He raised his eyebrow. "We? You're staying in my room until I have clue number one."

I frowned. "Why am I going to be trapped in your room? I can help-"

His hands held my face. "If you tag along, I could lose you. Hell isn't exactly small. You're much safer in my room. He wouldn't dare go in without my permission." I sighed deeply. If she died, I was going to blame myself. I got her caught up in this whole mess. He took me to his room. I sat on the bed. Pleading to go with him wasn't the answer. Eurynomus wasn't going to allow me to tag along. I watched him leave his room. I had to think of something. Carrie didn't have her phone on her. Would I even get signal down here? I heard a knock at the door. I tip toe over to the door. I looked out the key hole. Samuel stood there. He knocked again. I jumped back. "Eurynomus, come out. We need to talk." He had no idea I was in here. "I don't think I can go along with this anymore." What? "This is wrong. Tricking the human girl just to have her soul." My soul? I felt my insides being tore up. "When you're ready, let me know." I heard him leave. Eurynomus wanted my soul? Something wasn't right. I called him. I felt like he couldn't hear me. Eurynomus stood next to me. I turned around. "Samuel just came by."

He looked angry. "What did he say?"

I stared at him. "Don't lie to me. You were planning on tricking me to get my soul." I felt angry. For him trying to use me.

He looked very confused. "Isabel, why would I want your soul? What good do souls do for me? I eat flesh till its bones." I thought about it. I realized what happened. Samuel told me why he wanted me. For my soul. Eurynomus heard my thoughts. "That bastard. Didn't take him long to find you." I looked away. He crossed his arms. "I'm sure your friend is fine."

My eyes met his. "But you don't know that for sure."

He looked at the door. "I'm going to go back out there to try again."

I shook my head. "You're not leaving me in here by myself."

He raised his eyebrow. "I can't bring you with me. If my father finds out you're here-"

"Or if Samuel takes me? You're screwed either way." I placed my hands on my hips.

He walked away from me. He took a deep breath. "My father is the devil himself. He can make anyone lust over him. I'm not gonna lie, he will try to sleep with you. If he sees you with me, he will take you. It will be very hard for me to get you back. He won't let you go until he gets you in bed."

I went over to him. I placed my hands on his broad shoulders. I kissed his back. "Please don't leave me here." I begged him. He turned around and grabbed my hands. I stared into his eyes. His eyes not leaving mine. "I'll do whatever you want later." I didn't want to stay by myself.

He smirked at me. He was thinking dirty. I could see the thoughts of us having sex in my mind. "I know you will." He pulled my chin closer to his face. "If I tell you to suck my dick, you will." He always wanted me in his pants.

I smiled at him. "Maybe I wanted to anyways. I could please you as much as you want."

He kissed me. "Naughty girl. Behave." He bit my bottom lip. "Stay right next to me at all times. Okay?" I nodded. "I can't afford to loose you down there too." I grabbed his hand. We headed out the door. I hoped we could find Carrie fast.

**Hope you guys are enjoying this so far!***