Chapter 2. 'Gotcha'

Siddharth's POV

It was Friday, I was home earlier than dad, sitting in my room was occupied making the presentation on my laptop when Mom and Bebe came,

Mom sat in front of me,

"Bholu beta" she called

Whenever she calls me 'Bholu' there's always something in her mind to which she wants me to agree with and right now I happen to know what this could be,

"I know why both of you are here for, so need not to waste your energy, the answer is YES. I'm coming with you guys tomorrow"

I said looking at both of them with a most straight face I could make.

Listening to what I said, Mom's face lit up like anything and she offered me a broad smile, exactly the opposite expression from what I saw on her face this morning. On the other side Bebe hurriedly sat on the bed beside me and hugged the light out of me, saying-

"I didn't knew this was going to be that easy, hayo mera putter ( my good boy)"

I laughed at her reaction.

Then mom handed me a brown envelop, saying this contains the picture of the girl I'm going to meet tomorrow. I was asked to look and reply my decision about her.

More specifically what I liked best.

I stare at the envelope for few seconds till Mom left my room, once she left Bebe too got up and stood beside the bed across me and said-

"Ache se dekhi roti isi ne khilani hai tenu aage chalke, maine suna h gussa kudi di nakich renda hai toh ache se sochi
( she'll be feeding you for the rest of your life so please look carefully, beside I've also heard that she's quite short-tempered, make sure you make a wise choice)," she said with a wink.

I huffed, Bebe's words were all running in my mind.

Closing my eyes, I inhaled.

I don't know why this strange feeling or a weird emotion was trying to reside inside me, I have been through this stage before, like a several times now, yet never felt such strange anxiety ever.

Meeting someone for the purpose of marriage was something I loathed, still find myself doing so again and again - for my parents satisfaction.

I opened the envelope to take the picture out of the girl my parents can't seem to stop talking about and to my shock that wasn't what I was expecting.

My eyes widened, it wasn't her picture, that wasn't even any girl's picture.

It was the picture of 'Donald Duck' and at the bottom there was written GOTCHA in bold letters.

WHAT?

I heard someone chocking and soon followed by laughter. The whole team was involved!

Bodies of my sister Sunidhi, Sumit Jiju, Mom, and Bebe laughing wildly appeared in my room.

"Ha Ha Ha very funny," I said sarcastically throwing the picture crossing my arms in front, glaring at them, which makes them laugh even more.

"Awww my little brother," Di said still laughing clutching her stomach.

"I hate you all. Don't you dare talk to me. Ever." Glaring at each one of them.

Still laughing.

"I can't believe Mom, you are also involved in this... with these two idiots," glaring at Mom and throwing a cushion on Sunidhi.

She dodged it.

"I'm so sorry son, Bebe here forced me," Mom said suppressing her laughter.

"I hate you bebe," I said now glaring at Bebe