Chapter 8. 'My little girl'

After 3 days

Anusha's POV

It was Wednesday and it had been 4 days since that party. Since we last met or rather talked.

On that night when Siddharth dropped me back home, I was feeling something strange. I didn't wanted him to leave like that- call me weird but normally I hug my friends before bidding my good byes and the guy was chosen to be more, so that was obvious for me to give him more yet I couldn't.

I wanted to invite him in atleast, thinking about that no one was home I ignored the bery thought.

Further, it was already too much for me for a night.

On that night, I got to know few things new about him, he was a complete different guy when it comes to people he is close to.
Whenever he was with his colleagues or in a professional front, the guy switch personality like glasses. He was arrogant, always commanding.

He switch to cold and insensitive, always ordering and when I have seen him with his family or maybe the people he is compassionate about, he was happening and sensitive.

I guessed him being organized, the way a man should be, to know how to deal with people.

I respect such quality.
One more quality added to the list.

The following day was my engagement.

Tomorrow I'll be engaged to Mr. Siddharth Khanna, I'll officially be a half Khanna. I amused to myself. A new surname.

Everyone was busy in my home with the arrangements of engagement, my family and the Khanna's have decided to do the engagement function in their house. Their lawn being enough big that is.

My Mamas'family was home, the only relative I had. There are 5 members in their family.

Mama-Mami and their kids, the school going terrorists. Not literally.

Randeep, is the eldest he was in his senior year. Simdeep, was in tenth standard and the youngest and the naughtiest one Karandeep, was in eighth standard.

It was already 5 in the evening. The day was my Mehendi day - so much to my distaste - I was sitting in the living room with heena is all over my hands till the elbows.
Yet somehow I was not complaining, it was looking really good.

My hands being busy and my house was a mess. People in my house can't do anything without me, was the thought I wanted to announce.

It was my mehendi and the bride to be was doing all the work was a scene to disport on.

They were ruining everything, running left to right on my head - making it tough for me to sit silent.

"What you are doing? Don't keep these boxes here, gadhe. Go keep them in the car, we'll need them tomorrow."
I said to Shekhar, who was keeping gift boxes in the living room. STUPID!

The boy being 21 years old still no idea of brain existence.

"Sim, will you please look what your Bua is doing? Please do help her with whatever she is doing, she must be alone." I said to my cousin sister sitting to my left with now dry arabic line of henna on her palms.

"You don't need to tell me twice." She smiled and left.

Mami Ji was there in the living room talking over the phone to someone, I guessed she's talking to Mama Ji, about decoration and clothes, so Mumma must be working alone, working and stressing her brain out.