Chapter 7. 'Love birds'

" She was wild, free, unbound;
on her quest for unknown,
but when she met him,
The river met her ocean."

(the scribbled stories 'instagram')

_________________

IN THE PARTY

Siddharth's POV

Once we stepped inside the party hall, I felt every single eye trained on us. I felt her fear.

We were the most expected guest there by the host and the people close to us. The party was organised by one of our colleague, Mrs. Gonsalves, on occasion of 35 years of  success of her company.

Mom and Mrs. Gonsalves were best friends back in school and still are. Mom always keep updating her best friend, about her and her family. So, it was obvious she was waiting to meet Anusha anxiously.

They both have instructed me to bring Anusha with me to the party seeing it would be a good chance to introduce her to everyone without the involvement of media.

I looked down to my right, where I held her tightly in my arm. She look cute when nervous - a rare sight to see. She was staring at everyone in the party where they all were looking at us already.
Those big eyes were never moving away from the crowd.

I took my chance and made my grip more tight over her waist, it brought her out of her shock state and she gasped, looked up at me.

"Don't be nervous, just relax, I'm right here with you" I said assuring her

First, she nodded and then said
"I have never been to such office parties, always avoided them"

I smiled sincerely towards her assuringly saying,
"Relax I won't leave your side".

That makes her blush and she looked down.

One by one I introduced her to everyone and especially to Mrs. Gonzalves, the woman awaiting Anusha's arrival since she heard about her existence in my life.

She squealed seeing Anusha with me. The woman praised the lady beside me,  pulled her cheeks lovingly,  hugged her, complimenting her beauty.
Mom is lucky to have such a beautiful daughter-in-law was her tag line.

Lucky indeed!   Was my belief.
.

.

.

Anusha's POV

When Siddharth was introducing me to everyone, I was just standing their continuously blushing. Hiding never felt so difficult.

I wanted to hide, so many times I wanted to retouch my make up. I was scared to have my looking oily. The women around giving me the level of consciousness.

If wasn't for Siddharth's assuring words of me looking fine, I would be making tours to the restroom frequent times.

I couldn't help it everyone was appreciating our pair, they were saying that we look good together. We make a perfect couple, leaving me to blush even harder.

I really wanted to scold my younger self for not going out with few more boys when I had time. I needed experience.

I was  nervous when we entered the hall, everyone was looking at us like the crowd was anticipating our arrival.

When Siddharth smiled and assured me not to leave my side, relief came like flood over me. The sincerely  kept his promise, never left me, not even for a single minute.