Chapter 15. 'Relax! just give me your hand'

Anusha's POV

He was holding me by my waist all the time since the moment we entered.

I mean he somehow always manage to make the situation more embarrassing for me. The urge for the ground to open and swallow me whole grew like anything.

They all were smirking towards me, teasing me with their looks. And I was desparate to kill them all. Shred them into peices.

Once we reached to our table, he pulled the chair for me as well. I facepalmed myself from inside.
I mean once again, he was giving them a topic to tease me.

As we settled down, I introduced them once again to Siddharth. Today all of my friends were here Akshita, Chaya, Bhaskar, Kaynat, Sapna, and Radhika.

We started talking about our colleges and everything, laughing over our sweet memories.

Siddharth was listening to everything. The guy was smiling and even laughing.
This made me happy.
He is so generous, fits with people easily. He's a nice man, he cares for my family and now for my friends as well.
His score board of admiring qualities grew higher.

He was talking about his business. Explaining his ambitions and his back life.

I was looking at him, admiring his features and gestures then suddenly he turned and our eyes met. I was sure I was gawking with a stone face, which saved my horrified ass a bit.

He must have realised me staring.

I was caught off guard, turned my head to face Radhika. I was embarrassed.

Radhika being Radhika noticed everything. She smirked towards me and excused herself from the washroom and motioned me to follow her.

I excused myself too and followed like a sweet friend I am.

Once we entered the washroom, she squealed.

I mean what is wrong with people around me, why they are always so excited.

Firstly Ayusha, when she saw Siddharth outside and now this girl.

"Oh my god, Anusha! You have no idea how good you guys look together."
She said smiling sincerely.

"You guys are my favorite couple from now on."

She hugged me and said
"Anusha don't ever lose him. The way he looks at you says how much he loves you",

" How can you be so sure Radhika?"
I deadpanned

" Because I can see it in his eyes, unlike you."
She gave a call you idiot look.

" But, What if its just attraction? Later he realises that he made a mistake. I was not what he was looking for."
I said looking at my reflection in the mirror adjusting my sweater a bit.

"look at yourself, why would he do that? You are beautiful and successful. You have so many hospital offers in front of you, soon you will be a successful physio. You both are perfect for each other."
Pointing towards my reflection and turning to face one of the closed toilet cubicles, opposite wall.

The words coming out from her mouth made me think, what if she's right? I think I should think about it.

WAIT! ANUSHA JUST WAIT.
Don't TAKE ANY STEP IN HURRY THAT YOU WILL REGRET LATER ON.

GO SLOW LIKE HE SAID.

We were back with everyone.

Talking and laughing.
I realized a hand under the table touching area between my knee and thigh. It was Siddharth, I looked instantly up to meet his already staring eyes.

My eyes widened and heartbeat raised.

I tried to shove his hand but he made his grip even tighter as I tried to free myself.

So I left the idea of trying and let him do what he wanted. He just kept his hand and kept on talking to everyone.

I calculated that's what he only wanted.

...

The afternoon ended and evening came, we all hugged and left.

My friends liked him, they had me known when Siddarth went to pay the bill.
He insisted.
Much to the argument on contribution.

I was back in his car. We were driving in silence.

Suddenly the guy started laughing.
I looked over him raising my eyebrows. What is so funny Mr?

He shook his head and said
"Your friends are really funny. I envy you."

I smiled and looked out the window. That they are.

He tapped my shoulder, I looked at him he nodded his head towards his raised hand for me. He wanted my hand, Why?

I was confused.
"relax, just give me your hand". He said

So I did.

I gave my hand in his. He held it and rested our interlaced fingers on my right knee.

My heart was beating wildly inside my chest.
But I liked it.

The way his fingers filled the gaps of mine it feels perfect. More cliches to hear.

We were home without even realising. He was seated in my living room talking to Mumma and Papa. And I was pretending to ignore his presence in my house, keeping myself occupied writing notes.

Papa called me from the living room and asked me to walk Siddharth out, since he was leaving.

  So here I was-
" Anusha can I ask you one thing?"

" Yes." I continued looking to the ground

" Can I have your number?"
he said giving me his phone.

I smiled towards him and moved my hand to take his phone to feed my number but before I could grab his phone he took it back and started typing by himself.

It's okay.

What was that?

I dictated my number to him and then he left.

.

.

Siddharth's POV

How could I be so stupid? I was about to give her my phone.

Fucking hell idiot where was your brain!

She could have seen it.

Her picture on my phone wallpaper, if she had it, she would be freaking out right now. And I would be so embarrassed. Way to call me creep.

Her birthday was awaited.

I was planning something special. I wanted to give it to her personally. I hope she like it.

Her birthday was only 1 week away.
Her last exam was on her birthday.

_____________

•LIKE_COMMENT_SHARE•

________