Chapter 12. 'I was afraid'

Siddharth's POV

Time to leave?

That thought struck me hard.

I shouldn't let that happening was the only ring, ringing through my head. It had been a complete month since I last saw her or even talked to her.

Not so soon.

The whole past month I wanted to call her, to talk to her, but I couod not because of two things.

First I knew she's too shy and she would not like it. Maybe because she is quite reserved type so she will not be comfortable. The girl had a boundary drawn - a boundary separately for people unworthy.

And I wanted to be her worthy.

Further, she hadn't accepted her feelings for me. Yet.

I was so confident that she feel something for me too. It was written but what that was the question.

I also didn't know.
Something inside me was saying don't ever give up on her, easily, not even without putting efforts. Although she was doing everything for our parents I will make sure it will turn out to be for us.

And the second reason being, I didn't had her number by then. I couod easily have her number from anyone but I wanted to ask her personally.

I wanted to respect her choice, in return I wanted her trust. I wanted her to believe she can rely on me.
Right then I had something to do, to make her stay. I knew they won't let her stay alone here so I had a plan prepared.

.

.

Anusha's POV

I was in Khanna mansion, in Sunidhi Di's room.

All my family was staying here for a sleepover. Thanks to Mr. Khanna, the deed was all done by him.

He convinced Papa and Jasprit uncle, for us to stay the night, by dropping the idea of late night driving and everyone must be tired in Uncle ji's head.

After all the talking, he had my father convinced.  And now here we were.

I was sleeping in Sunidhi di's room with Ayusha and Sunidhi di itself. It was already 2 in the morning but I couldn't sleep.
Sunidhi Di had it all set, a girl night over, being only an hour past to bed the ladies fell asleep. Leaving me alone to wonder.

I got up from the bed and made my way towards the balcony. Realising it was waste of time to just lie down there, I made a decision to get some fresh air, and admire the house.

I was standing on the balcony for about half n hour already when someone called my name from behind.

Without giving a second thought I recognised the voice.
I turned and saw Siddharth coming my way. Siddharth's room was beside Sunidhi di's and the balconies were attached, how could I forgot. I was toured around the house pretty nicely.

Great!

"Can't sleep?"
he asked standing beside me, looking forward to the garden just like how I was doing earlier.

I shook my head,
"It takes time for me to adjust with new beds".

"I see."

I took a deep breath, looking at the front of the garden. Wanted to say something because the awkward silence was killing me.

But, I'm liking this silence with him standing beside me.

"you have a beautiful house"

" Thanks, Mom redesigned it by herself after my parents 25th wedding anniversary. From then it's like this."