Chapter 4. 'Best amongst all'

'If you can't get someone out for your mind,
they are probably supposed to be there.'

________________

Siddharth's POV

We came home somewhere around  6 in the evening, Mom and Dad were talking about Anusha's family and I, being the least interested soul, silently listening to them.
Nothing new, they have been talking about her since forever now.

The only thought running in my mind was where are the files needed for the tomorrow meeting, what else paper work is required.

My parents were very excited to make her their daughter-in-law, were so whipped that for an instant I was certain, if it would have been in their hands, she would be standing beside me right now that too in a bridal outfit.

Damn! I forgot to ask the office updates, need to call Mrs. Sharma.

Dad was already familiar with Anusha and her family, as he know them more than anyone of us, they've met a few times earlier too.
He told me Anusha often comes to office when needed, the staff works better under her observation-- she's that scary?

I was thinking about her in the intervals of time, everytime when I wasn't occupied with my work, it was her invading my brain.

Her shy smile, those demure eyes, that delightful expression, the way she spoke shyly, refusing her father's offer to talk with me  in isolation. 
When angry, her forehead coming with crease lines, everything seems differently special about her. The girl when frowns, she gets capable to scare someone till bones.

I was unable to take my eyes off her and now can't take my mind off her!

After that interestingly awkward trip from the ground to her floor, my expectations of that meeting changed. I realised then and there the girl will last long, longer than I was thinking.

Rather than becoming a spectator I have no other choice.

Denying her after meeting her never felt like an option.

Her refusal to talk in separate made up my mind, the girl is special. More special than I think my parents give her credit for.

"Siddharth, what about you? What is your opinion of her? We 'really' liked her."
Dad asked expectedly highlighting the strength of really in his sentence.

"Umm... Yeah!"
"Dad, she's...good.Fine."
I said directly without any hesitation

*note the sarcasm*
I never felt this sweaty before.

"What!" all gasped,

Talk about exaggerating.

"You. You are saying this?....... I can't believe my ears."
Mom replied in shock

"These words are coming from you? That means you are ready to marry her.
Oh My God! I'm so happy. Finally I can die in peace."
Bebe said hugging me,

"Finally, I'm going to be a mother-in-law. I'm so excited",
Mom said and hugged Dad.

Dad took his one hand out of the pocket, hugged Mom back by his side and smiled looking at her and then at me.

"Stop exaggerating!"
"I just agreed to get married. No big deal."

"Oh, trust me it is." Came Bebe's flying remark
Way eye rolls.

"She is okay with it?"

"Who?" Bebe asked mischevious

I replied suppressing my coy smile
rubbing the he back of my head,
"Ofcourse, Anusha?"