Chapter 41. 'lemon on eye'

One month later......

Anusha's POV

I need to ask him.

I have to do this.

But when?

Just look for a good opportunity!

I have to ask for his permission to let me stay for a week at Radhika's because it's my best friends wedding after all.

I don't know why, all of a sudden I'm nervous about it because something inside me is screaming he won't allow me to stay.

Today we are up for grocery shopping. I'm in super market with him to buy some vegetable-fruits and few more things.
I was buying apples when he called me tapping my shoulder to look behind. I turned to find him playing with a red chilly.

"What are you doing? Keep it back." I said.

He was faking a moustache with the chilly and balancing it between his nose and upper lip, looking at me playfully.

"I bet you can't do this" said with a muffled tone still balancing the chilly.

"SO true" I replied shaking my head sarcastically while crossing my hand over my chest.

"Then come on. Do it" he said daring me.

Like seriously do you think I'm going to do this silly stunt.

I fake glared at his stupidity "Siddharth stop irritating me" said with quite annoyed face.

That stopped him and he pouted keeping that chilly down to it's place.

I turned back and started buying fruits again. After I was done, looked at him from my peripheral view and saw him standing silently with head down arms crossed and with a sad expression pursing his lips.

Drama!

Monkey.

I started walking ahead and he following me silently more than usual. And it's irritating me more than anything.

Silence!

Silence!

He can't be silent for this long but now he is. I can't taken his silence any longer I'm not use to it.

I messed up!
I know, now I have to take the responsibility.

I stopped at lemon counter, and then a more than silly idea came in my mind. I know I haven't done anything like this before but hey! what's wrong with trying.

I picked up two lemons and kept them near my eyes, turned to face him and hung my tongue out trying to make a funny face.

I waited.

No response.

I removed the lemons from my eyes and he was no where to be found. I heard giggling and laughing I turned to looked at the crowd everyone was looking at me and laughing.

What?

Then I heard a familier laughter coming from behind my back. I turned back and saw him resting one of his arm on the shopkeepers shoulder and laughing his ass off!

I hate you!

If I say I was embarrassed then it would be an understatement. I felt like..................crying- angry-laughing. Wanted to cry but couldn't help it I was laughing already.

I glared at him suppressing my mix emotions.

"Aww.......you are so cute" He said and came to me. Hugged me immediately when he approached me.