Chapter 43. 'infatuation or love'

Anusha's POV

Thank god I'm wearing salwar kurti today or else I don't know how I was going to cover my head with these small cloth pieces that the gurudwara offers?

Covering my head with my dupatta, I and bebe stepped inside Bangla sahib gurudwara. We washed our hands-feet and entered the Darbar.

After praying to god, we settled in the sitting area for few minutes in peace. The environment inside the gurudwara is really peacefull, its all filled with silence but the silence is calming. Soothing your mind, refreshing in all senses. The sound of hymns replenishes every single nerve of your body.

Whenever I feel unstable I always come here in search of my silence. Gurbaani is best music to one's ear. Peace, calmness, silence and harmony it fills up in your mind. Cheers up your mood and make you free from every worry that ever existed within you. The silence settling around brings you in a different world.

After sitting there in silence, Bebe told me to get up. Eating our karha prashad we made our way towards the sarovar.

I looked at Bebe she was silent the whole time it looks like she is thinking about something, I didn't bothered interrupting her chain of thoughts. I guess she just wanted a company to be with her and I'm always there for her whenever she needs me.

"You know it's my 72nd wedding anniversary today" bebe said breaking the silence

I instantly turned towards her which caused a jerk in my neck but I ignored it,

"Your anniversary?"
I already heard it correctly but found myself asking again. Not believing what I just heard. She gave me a half smile but her eyes telling a different story.

I remained silent not knowing what to say next. Waiting for her to say something any further.

"I'm missing your dada ji today a lot"

"I'm so....."

"NO! NO! don't be. I'm missing him but not with a sad heart but with a good one actually. I've left crying over him long ago. He was the best thing that ever happened to me." she said smiling

I smiled too looking at her. Then I realized we are still walking she must be tired by now. I took her hand and made her to sit down on one of the stair at the bank of the sarovar. Then waited for her to continue-

"He was an amazing man. I have beautiful memories with him. He died when your husband was 21 years old. He was an amazing father and grandfather and a most amazing husband"

"just like you" I gave her a side hug

She laughed, "Even better than me. after his death I tried to be like him, somewhat I'm successful but I still have flaws."

"Today you know why I wanted to come here?" she asked me.

I shook my head not knowing the answer.

"Because we got married in a gurudwara this day. It was the first beautiful day of my life. And second day was when Jasprit was born." She said while starring at the water like she is reminiscing her past.

"He never gave me any bad memory, all I have is our sweet moments together with our kid and then grand kids. He was like my shadow always accompanying me in good or bad no matter what. When he was dying he told me to never cry after him and here I'm keeping my promise" she said leaving a huge sigh.

"Seeing you and Siddharth together reminds me of our initial days, when we were so in love like you two. He never wants to leave me alone. As I said he was like a shadow." "A real shadow!" She said while laughing