Chapter. 74. 'we were silent'

'I always wanted to be the reason you believe in love'

__________

Siddharth's POV

I entered a restaurant and ordered a bottle of beer. Within a few minutes, the waiter kept the order on my table and left.

I was sitting near a window in the restaurant, around 10 kilometers away from my house.
I ran this far and now I'm quite calm. Or more like tired. Still thinking about her leaving me, alone on weekend without even caring about my permission make my blood boil.

She is too stubborn.

Always do what she wants.

Never listen to me.

"Hey!"

I looked up to see the owner of the voice smiling at me.

"Oh! Hi, Anika" I got up from my seat and hugged her.

She was carrying Ronak in her arms while dragging his empty pram behind, I pulled a chair out for her, and kept the pram beside her seat.

"How are you?" I asked sitting back to my own seat.

"I'm fine. What you are doing here alone? Where is Anusha?"

I shrugged, "She is at her friend's house for 'stay over'"

"And........... let me guess, you didn't want her to go, still, she left" she said while half giggling, stating the obvious.

I nodded but looked at her questioningly,
"it is clear on your face, that you are angry about her leaving you without your permission," she said suppressing her laughter.

Was it that obvious?

"I wanted her to stay with me" while pinching my nose angrily.

"Does she always do this? I mean she always avoids spending time with you?"

"No," I said instantly shaking my head, not meeting her eyes concentrating on my beer bottle.
"She is always with me... we spend most of the time toge......"

"That's the problem with you guys. Always wanted us to be around you. We have a life to man!" She sighed resting herself on the chair and keeping Ronak in his pram.

She called the waiter and ordered a cold coffee for herself and a chocolate muffin for Ronak.

"You both best friends are the same. So frustrating. Earlier I was alone suffering from his possessiveness and now my baby is also suffering with me." she said pinching Ronak's cheek which made him giggle.

"What do you mean?"

"Karan always wants me to be around him but I have my work too other people needs me too. I love him as much as he loves me but there is a world around us." She sighed again and the waiter came with her order keeping it on the table he left.

She leaned forward, stirring her coffee she continued, "You guys need to understand that we need others in our life as much as we need each other. It can be friends, family, and even colleagues too. "

I closed my eyes breathing in whatever she said.

"You know I knew it from the very first day that you are going to be very possessive about her. I have seen you many times ogling her and glaring at other men who ever looked at her." She said while laughing a bit,
"that's sweet though, but...you guys never know when your possessiveness... becomes a frustration for the other. You just can't keep her to yourself. Maybe in your case, this is true............" she said while moving her hands in the air making me understand.