Chapter. 76. 'heaven'

'she was the spark to my flame,
every time she walked in,
my very soul lit up. '

_____________

Anusha's  POV

I woke up with the sound of my phone ringing, I sighed, still sleeping and ducked my face under the duvet.

But my phone kept on ringing.

Then I heard whining of a dying walrus somewhere from my right and my eyes snapped open,

“Anusha I swear to god……. If this continued ringing I’m gonna kill the caller” Ria groaned,

I’m sleeping on Ria’s bed, lying at the corner to the right side, Ria in the center and Radhika to the left side corner. The remaining squad left for their home late night.

I took the cover from my face and turned to receive the call, my eyes widened looking at the caller’s name-

Why is he calling me this early?

“Hello?” my voice was anything but sleepy *note the sarcasm*

“Good morning sleepy head” he chirped,

Someone’s excited.

“Sleepyhead, seriously? It’s 6 in the morning, of course, I’ll be sleeping”

This time Ria groaned louder,
“Get out, if you want to continue your lovey-dovey talk”

Giggling I entered the balcony, the moment I stepped in, a cool breeze hit my body and I shivered to wrap my free hand around myself.

“Looks like you woke up all chirpy this morning?” I asked shyly,

“What do you think? Actually, I didn't sleep at all.
How can I sleep in peace when I didn’t have my love in my arms”

“Butter platting. I see...” I joked narrowing my eyes staring anywhere

“Nah………. I don’t do all that. The whole night I was dreaming of you here, beside me on the bed wrapped with me”

I pursed my lips in shyness and blushed. Suddenly I was feeling so hot inside,  totally forgetting about the December morning.

“Blushing, are we wifey?” and I can bet he was smirking

“Siddharth, I still have one hour left to sleep so I think I should better continue with my sleep.”

“Yes! you need to complete your sleep right now because I’ll make sure you won’t sleep tonight”

I blushed harder. He laughed aloud on the other line.

“Go sleep, I’ll call you later”

Later?

“Later? No Siddharth you are not going to call me when I’m working”

“But...”

“No, and now bye I’m going back to sleep”

“Bye,” he said like a whining kid.

.
.
.
.

“send in the next after 15 minutes. I’m taking a break.”

“Yes ma’am” the receptionist replied.

I’m at the hospital doing my work, today is tiring, I have lots of patients.

Since from the morning, I’m working continuously without a break and now I’m tired. I need to rest, my back is already aching.

As promised Siddharth didn’t call me the whole day, that doesn’t mean he can’t text me. Right?