Chapter 5. 'I can read her eyes'

Siddharth's POV

She stepped into the café carrying a small brown bag to her side.
Wearing a white blouse top, a light pink jacket over and faded denim beneath, pairing her attire up with heels-though I highly doubt she needs them.
She was looking breathtakingly gorgeous.

Like an idol of elegance, she walked in with her head held high, ignoring every single irrelevant eye following her. Focused only the small group of people she belong with.

Turning heads every single eye was busy staring at her, admiring what soon going to be mine. What belongs to me.
The strange wave of possessive arrogance washing over me shaking my own sense of realisation.

She was walking towards a group of girls, completely oblivious of the fact that I'm inside the same cafe, staring at her like everyone else.

Anusha continued on walking till the near end of the room and to my luck, she sat almost beside our table, slightly a step ahead to my right, where Jiju and I were seated.

Jiju noticed the stuck gaze of mine and asked,
"What happened Bhai? Don't you think it's a bit late to stare other girls, now that you are getting engaged?"

"The same girl I'm getting engaged to."
I said taking a sip from my ice-cream cold-coffee, tilting my head in her direction, leaving Jiju in amusement.

"Anusha, Right?"

I nodded.

"What is she doing here? They live in Sanik farms, right?"

I nodded once again in response, turned to look at her.
Smiling she hugged her friends, she glared at one before settling down facing her back to me.

Advantage of them seated close by, we were able to listen the conversation they were engrossed in.
We were listening to what they were talking.
The girls were discussing about me- Am I rich or not? Handsome or not? What's my name? What  I do?

The girl like I have assumed hadn't seen me before, not even my picture. Anusha's way of dealing with things was  different. That's what lured me in.

Her obliviousness, ignorance and silent treatment was something new for me. The glare I earned everytime in attempt to make conversation with her the day we first met, pulled all the right threads in me.

Listening to them shocked me when, a smirking Anusha said to her friends that 'I'm best amongst all her friend's mates'

This made me smile like a dumbstruck teenager again.

She never fails to amaze me.

Seeing the creepy reaction marrying my face, Jiju too smirked and raised his eyebrow to make the situation more tremendous to me.

I was so engrossed staring at her, tilting my head left and right, craning my neck to get a view of her facial expression, which I found myself addicted to within a day.

I was caught staring by one of her friend, within instant I turned my head and pretended like I did nothing. But can't help my anxiousness, again I found myself daring to repeat the action.

They were talking again, this time whispering. Like a feeling of about to get caught I was on alert I might need to run.

And then Anusha by herself turned and saw me.

Lag gye bete!

What reaction came out of her made me laugh. I was biting my lower lip to suppress my laughter, looking at Jiju I found him mirroring my expression.

Her eyes widened and that was the second time I saw her face red with embarassment. She rub her forehead when anxious I figured that day.

Opening her mouth wide, her eyes holding shock, she turned back rubbing her forehead with her right hand.