Chapter 48'Loud and clear'

After few weeks.................

Anusha's POV

I was in the hospital when Dad called me....

He told me that he is in a meeting right now in Chandigarh and Mom is having fever.

He want me to go and accompany her to a general physician whenever I'm free as Mom and Bebe are alone at home. I immediately took a cab right after his call ended and arrived khanna mansion right away.

Further he also told me not to tell this to Siddharth now. He'll be worried. So I decided to tell him after Mom's check up when I'll get all the updates.
..................

I took Mom to our family doctor's clinic. Thank god she is just having mild fever due to cold. The doctor said she'll be fine within few days. So I decided to live with her instead for some days.

"Mom take these medicine and have rest, I'll take care of the dinner." I said while tucking her inside the bed.

She nodded " Thank you bache"

"It's okay mom. No need to thank your daughter" shaking my head I kissed her forehead.

"Anusha! Sit here with me for a moment" she asked with a cute smile on her face.

"of course Mom." I said and sat beside the footrest of her bed and started massaging her legs.

"It's okay beta you don't need to do that."

"Relax Mom! I'm your daughter..right?"

"Yes" she sighed

"Then let me do what I'm doing" she smiled at my nonsense and closed her eyes resting.

She needs to take rest... Then she'll be fine.

"Beta I'm really lucky to have you as my daughter-in-law. You are very nice bacha, you take care of everyone, specially my Siddharth. I know........ he is hard to deal with because of his lack of patience and his short temper but trust me beta he is a nice guy." She said after opening her eyes.

I smiled shyly looking at her "I know Mom. Now you just relax and....... don't need to worry about anything. I'm here....... I'll take a leave now it already evening and I need to prepare dinner."

She nodded smiling while shifting herself under the bed in a more relaxed position and after watching her getting comfortable completely I left the room.

It's 7 in evening I'm preparing dinner along with Kamla aunty the cook here in khanna mansion..... when door bell rang.

She started to move to get the door when I stopped her.. "wait I'll get the door....till then you start making chapattis" and then I made my way to the front door.

I know who this could be and he'll be worried... Knowing his mother is sick.... Only I know how to control him...

Hhhh.... Let's do this.

I opened the door.

"Hey! Hi." I said calmly because I know my reaction affects him alot.

His face was anything but calm, eyebrows creased, pulled tightly together, expression pale and shoulders were like... they are carrying the whole world on them.

Fuff....

" Hows mom?"

He asked the moment he entered the living room keeping his coat and bag on the sofa, almost shoving.

His head filled with worry lines and face pale he was looking so worried, when he didn't found her around.

" She is fine and........ sleeping right now. Doctor said that..... she's just having cold and fever is it's response. She'll be fine by tomorrow"