1.75 "I Just Want It To Be Over"

At a white house.

Daryl and i walked onto the porch of a white old house. We had spied on Ezekiel who just left the house with his guys. Carol was in there. Of course Daryl and i waited till the guys were gone. 

I knocked on the door and could hear someone walking to the door. Then it opened. 

Carol stood there. 

She looked at us surprised but then i could see tears in her eyes.

She hugged me and i hugged back.

Then she hugged Daryl and he hugged her back. I smiled softly. They were always close so it didn't bother me that that hug was a bit too long.

Carol let go of Daryl and looked at me.

Me "Jesus took us to the Kingdom. Morgan said you just left. We was out here. We saw you. "

Daryl "Why'd you go? "

Carol "I had to. "

Night.

Carol was sitting in front of the fire place. She was heating up some food for us.

Daryl and i were sitting next to each other at the table. 

Carol starred into the fire "I couldn't lose anyone. I couldn't lose any of them. I couldn't kill them. I could. I would. If they hurt any of our people -- any more of them -- that's what I would do. And there wouldn't be anything let of me after that. The Saviors -- did they come?"

I looked at the table.

Daryl "Yeah. "

Carol had tears in her eyes "Did anyone get hurt? Is everybody okay? "

Her voice broke and tears were rolling down her cheeks "Did the Saviors... Is everybody back home okay?"

I looked at Daryl who was looking at the table.

Caroline "Kendall, Daryl?"

i took a deep breath "They came. We got them all. Made a deal with the rest of them, like Ezekiel. Everyone's all right. "

She sobbed out relieved and whipped her tears away.

Daryl cleared his throat "We gonna eat or -- or I got to be a king or something to get food around here?"

Carol chuckled "shut up"

He chuckled.

Carol grabbed the bowl by the handle and walked to us. She poured us some of the soup in our bowls.

Me "thanks"

Carol sat down next to me.

Daryl "Ezekiel... is he okay? "

She nodded " Yeah, I think he is."

After dinner.

Daryl and i walked out with our stuff.  

we stopped and turned to Carol.

Daryl hugged her one last time.

He let go of her "Watch out for yourself, all right?"

Then we started to walk away.

Ezekiel's place.

I was sitting on the ground in front of the tiger cage. Daryl stayed at the house we were staying in. I was caressing the tiger's fur and she seemed to love it. Her name was Shiva.

I heard footsteps behind me but i kept my eyes on the tiger. 

I smiled a little  "Beautiful creatures, aren't they?"

Morgan "Well, you're good with her. Ezekiel will be impressed."

Me "Well, figure any guy that has a pet tiger can't be that bad. He's okay by Carol."

I looked at him nodding " Yeah, Daryl and i found her, out in that little house."

Morgan took a deep breath  " Look, what I said... when I said she just... went away... it's what she told me to do."

I shook my head " No, I get it. We need the Kingdom. You got to make that happen."

Morgan shook his had " I'm sorry. I mean, I -- I really am, but, uh... it can't be me. "

I sighed standing up " Look, whatever it is you're holding on to... it's already gone. It's time to wake up, Morgan"

Morgan "You're the same as me, Kendall. "

I shook my head "You don't know anything about me"

Morgan "No, I do. 'Cause you didn't tell Carol what happened. You didn't, 'cause she'd be here otherwise. And I'm glad for that. See, we're all holding on to something."

Me "Daryl and i are gonna go back to Hilltop in the morning. We need to get ready or else we'll lose"

Then i walked past him out.

Next day. Morning.

Daryl and i walked out through the open gates.

He looked at me "you think it worked?"

I sighed "I just want it to be over "

Daryl put an arm around my shoulders and pulled me to him.