1.107 "I Love You"

A couple days later.

Ezekiel, Yumiko and Eugene had come across with some girl that called herself "Princess" she's a little crazy. Everyone was now in an abandoned hospital we called "the Tower".

Daryl and i were out in the woods scouting. He was still mad at me for not telling him about the Negan situation but....i mean, Alpha's dead. That's what counts.

He was on the radio trying to reach Michonne "Don't go home. They'll only find us if you answer me. We got a plan to end this. One I think you'd like. Man, being on the run like this, barely scraping by...reminds me of the old gang. "

I smiled a little.

Daryl "Seems like ages now. "

I nodded.

Daryl " Michonne? Can you hear me? Michonne? "

static was heard.

Me "you gonna talk to me?"

Daryl kept walking "nope"

Me "Daryl"

Daryl "you wanna do this now?"

Me "Daryl, i am serious. Damn it!"

He turned to me without saying anything.

Me "you haven't lost a word about what i did with Negan"

Daryl "that you fucked him?"

I rolled my eyes "you know damn well what i mean"

Daryl shrugged "What do you want me to say? you want me to yell at you? want me to lecture you for trusting that son of a bitch?"

I nodded "anything. Anything but the silent treatment"

Daryl shook his head "i'm not punishing you with silence"

I nodded "You are"

Daryl shook his head "nah, i'm not"

I nodded, yelling "you are, Daryl!"

Daryl nodded, yelling  "Fine! okay! you had a plan and you went through with it!"

i asked confused "you're mad that i had a plan that included Negan?"

Daryl yelled "I'm mad that you didn't tell me, Kendall! You should have told me! You can't do shit like that on your fucking own!"

I asked irritated "and why not?"

Daryl "Because shit changed. Because you and i are in a relationship, for fucks sake! now, i know i'm not the best at relationships but even i know you don't do that. "

I crossed my arms over my chest "but you can go do your own shit without telling me, right? how many times did you pull shit behind my back? huh?"

Daryl sighed "Kendall-"

Me "i am sorry, Daryl. But i saw a chance and i took it"

Daryl "you should've told me"

I shook my head "i couldn't. not this time. Negan escaping and joining Alpha had to look real. You had to believe he switched sides. "

Daryl shook his head.

Then i took my ring off and put it in Daryl's hand.

Daryl rolled his eyes "what ya doing now?"

I shook my head "i thought we could take off were we left things years ago. But too much has happened. We both have changed too much. And i love you.  i can understand that you don't want to put up with my shit anymore. i am not the Kendall that got shit faced drunk with you at the CDC and ended up having sex with. I'm scared of losing the people i love that it has come to point were i get reckless trying to protect those people"