1.78 Not A Loss

Dwight slowly went down on one knee and looked down.

Dad still had his gun aimed at Dwight's head "look at me"

Dwight slowly looked up.

Dad "Why?"

Dwight "'Cause i want it stopped.I want Negan dead"

Dad "so why don't you kill him?"

Dwight shook his head "Can't just be me. They're all Negan"

Tara "That girl you murdered. ..she had a name. Her name was Denise, and she was a doctor.And she helped people. "

Dwight shook his head "i wasn't aiming for her"

Suddenly Daryl lost it. He came at Dwight, grabbed him by the throat and held him up against the wall.

He took a knife out and aimed it at Dwight's head.

No one did anything.

Tara "do it. Do it"

Dwight "you wanna end it this way...you go ahead. I'm sorry. I am. I know you want to. "

Dad "He could just be here to see if you were here"

Michonne shook her head "we can't trust him"

Dwight "he owned me. but not anymore. What i did, i was doing it for someone else. She just got away. So i am here. So are you and your girl because of her. "

Tara "do it!"

Dwight "there's another choice"

Tara "Daryl, ...Daryl, you knew her"

Dwight "Negan trusts me.We can work together, we can stop him. You knew me then, and you know me now.You know i'm not lying.I'm not."

Tara "do it! do it, Daryl !"

Daryl lowered the knife but his grip on Dwight's throat stayed.

Rosita "they have Sasha, if she's even alive"

Jesus asked confused "why didn't you say something? He could be our only chance to get her back"

Rosita shook her head "because i don't trust him but i trust Ken and Daryl"

Dwight "Negan's coming soon. tomorrow. Three trucks probably. 20 saviors and him. I can slow them down, bring some trees down in the road, buy a little time for you guys to get ready. If you can take them out, that's where we start. You kill them, i'll radio back to the Sanctuary. "

Dad raised an eyebrow "the Sanctuary?"

Dwight "where Negan lives. That's what they call it. I can radio back to them and say everything's okay. You drive the trucks back, and i can lead you right inside, and, with the right plan, we can wipe out the rest. Check to see if your friend's still alive. Then, we get the workers on our side, build our numbers up, and go from the outpost to outpost and end this. "

Dad nodded "keep talking. "

Outside.

Dad walked to Daryl and me who were watching Dwight driving away.

Dad "We just started it--the whole thing"

Daryl "if he's lyin', i'm gonna kill him real slow. When this is done, i don't give a damn if he's sorry. I will kill that son of a bitch"

The gates closed.

Dad "If he's lying, this is already over. "

Then he walked away.