Chapter 1

If you somehow missed it, this is the sequel to Fame Crazy, which is the sequel to Strings Attached, so if you haven't read those yet, what are you waiting for? Go read them!

"Will you marry me?"

Castiel slaps a hand over his mouth, his eyes wide. It takes him a moment to find words — any words at all.

"That — you — this —" He pauses and takes a deep breath to clear his head. "Yes! Very much yes!"

"Oh, thank god," Dean breathes. "Otherwise, this would have been really awkward."

He stands back up, and, amidst the applause of not just their friends but all the other people nearby, gives him a hug. As they pull apart, Dean takes the ring out of its box, then takes Castiel's hand and slides the ring on his finger. Castiel holds his hand up to look at the small silver band for a moment, a smile on his lips.

"You know," Dean says, "I've been planning this for over half a year, and never, in these last six months, did it occur to me that I have no idea what to do with this." He holds up the ring box.

"Just throw it out?" Castiel suggests. It's just a box.

"But what if I need the box to return it when I decide you're too annoying and I dump you to the curb?" Dean asks teasingly.

Castiel slaps his shoulder playfully.

"Aw, our first fight as an engaged couple," Dean says as though there's a lot of sentimental value there.

"I take it back," Castiel deadpans. "I'm not marrying you."

"Ah, no take-backsies," Dean says with a grin. "You're stuck with me now."

"Oh no. What a tragedy," Castiel says jokingly. He takes Dean's hand and presses a kiss to his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too, but something tells me you already know that," Dean replies, holding up Castiel's hand with the ring. "But we do actually have reservations to get to, so we should do that."

Castiel sighs dramatically. "Fine."

As they walk towards the Crystal Palace to eat, they don't drop each other's hand, staying much closer to each other than necessary.

"You've really been planning this for six months?" Castiel asks as they walk.

"I planned this whole trip around this," Dean tells him.

"That is so beyond extra," Castiel says with a laugh.

"To be fair, when your tour ends, football starts up again, and there was no free time for us between them," Dean reminds him. "If I had to carve out a few days in the middle of your tour for this, so be it."

"Well, I'm glad you did," Castiel tells him. "I can honestly say this might be the best day of my life, and I've had a lot of eventful days these last few years."

"Might be?" Dean says as if he's offended. "Cas, I worked hard on this! I deserve better than might be."

Castiel chuckles, shaking his head at him. "Okay, today is the absolute best day of my life," he amends.

"Much better," Dean says with a grin.

"Was everyone else in on this?" Castiel asks.

"Nope," Dean replies, a hint of pride in his voice. "They had no idea 'til you did." He pauses, then adds, "Well, Lucifer knew, but that's it."

"You told Lucifer, but not your own brother?" He's both surprised and a little amused by that.

"Well, when you say it like that, it just sounds weird," Dean says.