Chapter 42

Castiel leaves the house for the first time in days when he goes to the airport. His fans outside start cheering as soon as they notice the limo pull up in front of the house, which serves as his cue to leave. He puts on his sunglasses, grabs his suitcase, and heads outside. He doesn't acknowledge his fans, heading straight for the car. The driver opens and closes his door for him, puts the suitcase in the trunk, then returns to the driver's seat. Castiel taps his fingers against his legs impatiently. Limos take too long. He really needs his own car, but Dean's driveway isn't big enough for two, he doesn't have a garage, and it's apparently illegal to park on the street at night.

The ride takes over half an hour, and Castiel spends most of that time playing "1010!" on his phone, not even because it's a fun game, but because it's mindless and kills the time well.

When they get to the airport, the driver gets Castiel's suitcase and opens the door for Castiel, who mutters a quiet, "Thank you." He takes his suitcase and starts his journey into the airport, trying to ignore all the camera flashes.

That was awfully quick for the paparazzi to find him. They had absolutely no reason to think Castiel would even leave his house today until just over half an hour ago. Maybe it's just because he's in the busy city of Boston now and people get around fast, but it's kind of disturbing.

Usually, Castiel would make funny faces at the cameras, and probably laugh at his fans' reactions online later in the day. Today, the thought barely even crosses his mind. Castiel keeps his head ducked as he walks into the airport, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. He didn't want to make a big deal out of this — not until he and Jack have their song out. It doesn't look like that's going to work.

The sunglasses were probably his best touch. They aren't doing much to hide his face, but at least people can't see his eyes darting around the airport, making sure there's nothing wrong. Maybe this was a bad idea.

God, he's so freaking paranoid. Logically, he knows nothing bad is going to happen — what are the odds of being in two terrorist attacks over the course of just a couple months? — but it does nothing to calm his nerves.

He makes his way through security and to his terminal, with a couple minutes to spare. He cut it close, but he really doesn't want to be around people more than necessary.

He readjusts his sunglasses and pulls his trench coat tighter, as if it's going to hide his identity better. He looks around, but there are no empty seats that wouldn't put him right next to someone else, so he goes with the next best option — a trip to the little Dunkin Donuts right next to his terminal. It's a long line, so by the time he gets his single glazed donut, he's already being called to board.

He bought out his whole row of seats, so he doesn't have to sit with anyone. It's selfish, but he has the money, so he might as well spend it. He leaves his suitcase in the overhead compartment so he doesn't have to get his luggage when he lands. Perfect.

So now what does he do?

Castiel pulls out his phone and does the one thing he knows he can always do when he's bored. Text Lucifer.

Castiel: I'm bored.

Lucifer: Hi bored, I'm Satan.

Lucifer: But really that's what you get for sending Dean off to football land every day.

Castiel: No actually I'm bored because I'm on a plane.

Lucifer: W H A T

Lucifer: WHY ARE YOU ON A PLANE

Lucifer: WHERE ARE YOU GOING

Lucifer: WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME

Castiel: I'm going to LA to record a song with Jack but you can't tell anyone because it's top secret until the song comes out