Chapter 82

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Dean says with a grin, carrying a small box on his lap as he wheels himself into the living room.

"Oh, wait, that's today?" Well, this is awkward.

"Trust me, I was just as surprised as you," Dean says. "I just realized it yesterday, and I discreetly disappeared last night and came back with presents."

"Oh, so that's why you woke up so late!" Castiel says. "I didn't even realize you left."

"Exactly," Dean replies. "Because I'm a ninja."

Dean wheels himself over to the boy, parking his wheelchair in front of the couch, his legs almost touching Castiel's. He hands Castiel the small white box, and only then does he notice the large red heart drawn on the top.

"This is adorable," Castiel says, running a finger over the shape with a small smile.

"I know, right?" Dean says. "My artistic ability rivals that of a five-year-old. You wish you were that good."

Castiel chuckles. "Well, it's the thought that counts."

He opens the box up and reveal a collection of Hershey's kisses. Castiel picks up a few and holds them out to his fiancé.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Castiel says with a grin. "I totally prepared for this in advance."

Dean shakes his head and pushes the candies back at him. "I had to get a whole bag to give you some, so I already have a bunch," he explains. "And since I wouldn't have had them if I hadn't gotten them for getting you a gift, let's consider it an indirect gift from you."

"So by receiving a gift, I have gifted you a gift you bought with your own money," Castiel surmises.

"Well, technically, it's our money," Dean says. "Or it will be, whenever we finally decide to get married."

"We should really start talking about that," Castiel says. "I don't even know how a gay wedding works."

"I don't even know how a straight wedding works, so you're doing better than me," Dean replies.

Castiel chuckles. "Wanna start talking about it now?"

Dean shrugs. "I don't know. Kinda lame to spend Valentine's Day doing actual work."

"But it's also planning about love," Castiel reminds him. "So it's still very much in the Valentine's Day mood."

"It's really not, though," Dean says. "Like, I get that the wedding is an important part of, like, being wedded, but it's not really about love."

"How is that not about love?" Castiel asks. Marriage is very much love-related.

"Like, how much I love you is not going to change when we're married," Dean says. "The only thing that's going to change is how we file our taxes."

"I'm pretty sure that, at least legally, there are more benefits to getting married than taxes," Castiel says.

"Well, yeah, probably, but the legal part is all that's gonna change, right?" Dean says. "I mean, we already live together. We've already decided we want to be together for the rest of our lives. Really, getting married is more a formality for the government and good food."

Castiel cocks a head in confusion. "So do you not want to get married?"

Dean scoffs. "Of course I want to get married. There's usually food there."

Castiel chuckles. "Well, I'm glad you have your priorities straight — or, ya know, as straight as anything can be with a bisexual."

Dean gives him finger guns for that.

"So, when do we actually start talking about the wedding, then?" Castiel asks.

Dean shrugs. "I don't know. Any time that's not Valentine's Day."

"What are we doing today instead?" Castiel asks.

"Watch a movie and cuddle?" Dean suggests.

"Sounds like a plan," Castiel says. "So, what movie should we watch?"

"Up to you," Dean says, then quickly adds, "But not Aladdin. Anything but Aladdin."

Castiel chuckles. "Okay, how about... Did I bring Love Simon here?"

"Wanna check?" Dean asks.

"Might as well."

~~

"This is too pure," Dean whispers when the movie ends, staring at the television screen in awe.

"I know, right?" Castiel says with a grin. "That's why it's one of my favorites. It looks like a wattpad-fanfic-turned-movie and I love it."

"And here I was thinking your only favorite movies were Aladdin, Aladdin, and Aladdin," Dean says teasingly.

"It's a good movie!" Castiel whines.

"It's really not," Dean says. "I mean, it's not bad, but it's not that good."

"It is!" Castiel insists. "It's the best movie!"

"How can you even say that after watching the Iron Man movies?" Dean asks.

"Those were the ones that 'weren't that good,'" Castiel says mockingly.

"Those were the best!" Dean says indignantly. He pauses, then says, "Well, no, they're actually the worst trilogy in the MCU, but come on. Tony freaking Stark! That makes it good by default."

"It really doesn't," Castiel says. "I mean, I kinda liked him in the crossover one, but the movies were boring."

Dean covers his mouth to stop him from continuing. "Stop it, Cas. You're insulting my religion and it's hurting my feelings."

Castiel mumbles something incoherently, just to see if it will convince Dean to take his head away, but it doesn't. Plan B time. He sticks his tongue out, licking Dean's palm.

"Ew!" Dean pulls his hand away and wipes it on his fiancé's pants. "I don't want your cooties!"

Castiel laughs. "I didn't realize I was dating a six-year-old."

"Oh, that would be awkward, considering we've known each other for longer than that," Dean says, amused.

"Shh, don't try to defeat me with logic," Castiel says. "Logic never wins."

"It does if you believe it does," Dean whispers dramatically.

"You're trying to justify logic by not using logic," Castiel says. "Seems legit."

"It is legit," Dean says. "It's the most legit legitness in Legitsville."

Castiel laughs. "You're such a dork."

"I'm the dorkiest dork in Dorksville," Dean says proudly.

"Probably not something to brag about," Castiel says, amused. "I don't think Dorksville is anyone's favorite place."

"Dorksville is my favorite place," Dean says. "Well, that and Legitsville. They're both awesome." He boops Castiel on the nose. "You should come visit sometime."

Castiel cuddles up closer to him. "This is why I love you."