Chapter 119

They wrap up filming a few hours before the party is supposed to start, which leaves them a few options. They could choose to stay home until then, much like Gabriel chose to go back to Bobby's with Sam, Adam, and Samandriel, but there's no guarantee they'd be able to convince themselves to actually go to the party. So, instead, they head to Lucifer's house, making out on the couch, until...

"True story," Lucifer says, "the sex scene thing wasn't scripted. It was just what these two hypersexual morons do constantly. Case in point..."

Castiel looks over to see Lucifer filming them with a smirk. Big surprise. He's filmed absolutely everything today. It will be fun to look back on someday, he's sure, but now, it's just a minor annoyance.

Castiel tucks his legs up on the couch and cuddles up against his boyfriend, leaning his head on his shoulder. He's too tired for a witty comeback.

Dean puts an arm around him, almost out of habit, and says, "That's why we live halfway across the country. Can't be out here tainting his perfect family."

"It's funny because it's true," Lucifer says. "No, kidding. I was just wondering where you guys disappeared to. You've been really quiet."

"Welp, we've just been chilling out here," Dean says. "And, unless your daughter makes a surprise appearance, we'll probably continue to just chill out here."

"Fair enough," Lucifer says. "I'll leave you guys to your steamy makeout session."

"You don't have to —"

"No, I'm totally just leaving to go play with Alex," Lucifer says. "I'm just using that as an excuse."

It's probably a good thing the he didn't really mean it, because they don't resume their 'steamy makeout session.' Castiel just closes his eyes, snuggling up to his fiancé and trying to get more comfortable.

"Tired?" Dean asks softly.

"Mm hmm," Castiel hums.

"Go to sleep," Dean says. "It might be a long night, depending on how the party goes. Don't want the star passing out midway through."

Castiel laughs, the type of laugh that's just a strong exhale, but it's all he can manage. He's too tired to do anything else. He'll just rest his eyes for a few minutes, and he'll be good as new.

~~

Castiel fades in and out of consciousness over the next few hours — minutes? He's not quite sure when he's half awake and when he's dreaming. It doesn't really matter. He doesn't need to know if this is the real Dean and Lucifer talking, or the version his subconscious mind made up. They're not talking to him. He'll just half listen, and maybe some of it will be real.

"Well, aren't you just the cutest lil cuddle buddies," Lucifer says in a very take, unnecessary southern accent.

The hand on Castiel's shoulder disappears for a moment, probably in a wave, and then appears again.

"Is he awake?" Lucifer asks.

"If he is, he's been doing a very good job at hiding it for the last hour or so," Dean says.

"And yet, you're still awake," Lucifer says.

"Trust me, I'd love to be asleep, too, but I can't feel my arm," Dean says. "And I don't want to move it and risk waking him up."

"I'm sure he'd fall back asleep real quick even if you did wake him up," Lucifer says.

"Probably," Dean says. "But he's sleeping really peacefully right now, and I don't want to risk ruining that."