Chapter 63

Castiel stops Lucifer in the middle of Samuel Seabury's song when he gets a text from Dean. Right now, Dean's his priority. Well, Dean's usually his priority anyway, but right now especially.

Dean: Want ride to hospital

Castiel: Yes.

Castiel: Wait, from who?

Dean: Idk I'll ask Benny

Dean: Or Mick if he can't

Dean: Idk some1 from team

Castiel: Okay.

Castiel waits in silence for Dean to text him back. It's takes almost 10 minutes for him to get a response.

Dean: Sorry

Castiel: Why?

Dean: Only 1 able to get u was Ketch

Castiel sighs. He doesn't remember much about Ketch, but he does remember that he didn't like the guy when they met last year. It was bad enough when Dean has invited him over with two other people there, but just Castiel and Ketch alone for the entire ride to the hospital? This is going to be pure torture.

Castiel: If he'll get me to the hospital, I'm fine with it.

Dean: Sorry 4 anything stupid/annoying he says & I promise he's always like that & has nothing to do with u

Castiel: Now I'm slightly concerned.

Dean: Ull be fine

Dean: He's on his way rn, so listen 4 doorbell/car honk

Castiel: Good to know.

Castiel: Do you know how long you're going to be at the hospital yet?

Dean: No

Dean: I'll explain when ur here

Dean: Mostly cuz I have an IV in my arm & typing w 1 hand is hard

Castiel: I was wondering why you were typing so weirdly. That would make sense.

Dean: It's v hard

Dean: I give up

Dean: Ttyl

Dean: Ily

Castiel: Love you too.

Castiel decides to text Lucifer while he waits for Ketch to get here, even if it won't last very long.

Castiel: Dean texted me again. He's still at the hospital, and he didn't tell me a whole lot, but I do know that he has an IV in and he doesn't know how long he's going to be there. I'll fill you in more when I get there. One of his teammates is going to drive me there.

Castiel waits for his response, but he doesn't get one. Lucifer probably fell asleep. It is pretty late. Maybe he finally decided to listen to common sense and go to bed.

Dean would be getting home just about now if it was a normal day. Instead, Castiel is putting on his shoes and trench coat and heading off to the hospital. It's not quite his ideal nighttime routine, but he doesn't have much of a choice.

It's a few minutes later when there's a knocking on the front door. Castiel peeks out the window to make sure it's Ketch before he opens the door. He pretends not to notice Ketch eyeing his trench coat like he'd rather see it in a fire than on a person. That seems to be the general consensus when it comes to his the coats.