Chapter 62

It feels like Castiel has been waiting for hours when Dean finally texts him back, though it couldn't have been more than 45 minutes. He doesn't say much, and he certainly doesn't answer any of his questions.

Dean: @ hospital

It would have annoyed Castiel that he said something so simple and so obvious after Castiel's been worried sick since Lucifer first called him, but right now, he's so relieved to hear from the boy that he doesn't really care.

Castiel: Thank god. Are you okay?

Dean: Idk

Well, that's not comforting in the least.

Castiel: How long do you think you're gonna be there? Should I get a cab and meet you there?

He's always hated taxis, especially now that it seems everyone on the planet knows his name and face. But for Dean's sake, he'd be willing to take one.

Dean: Don't need you here ASAP

Dean: After game ends Benny/Mick/Ketch(?) can drive if u want

Castiel: Okay but are you sure you don't want me to get there sooner?

Dean: No

Dean: Gtg

Castiel sighs. Great. That was a horrible conversation.

Dean: <3

Castiel can't help but smile slightly at that. That was still annoyingly brief, but at least he got a cute little heart to hold him over until someone comes to pick him up.

He decides to text Lucifer, just to let him know that he's heard from the boy. He didn't really learn anything new, but he knows Dean's still alive, so that's a plus.

Castiel: Dean texted me.

Lucifer responds immediately, which means he's probably been waiting by the phone since they hung up.

Lucifer: Is he okay?

Castiel: That's exactly what I asked him and his answer was literally just "idk" so that's an excellent question.

Lucifer: ...

Lucifer: So he doesn't know if he's okay?

Lucifer: I'm confusion?

Castiel: Me too, Luci. Me too.

Lucifer: What else did he say?

Castiel: Just that he's at the hospital, he'll have someone from his team drive me down when the game ends, and that he doesn't need me there now.

Lucifer: And that's it? That's all he said?

Castiel: Yes.

Castiel: He was only there for like 90 seconds.

Castiel: I'll send you the chat.

He screenshots all their messages from that exchange and sends it to his brother.

Lucifer: AWWWW HE SENT YOU A LIL HEART

Lucifer: YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE

Lucifer: Wait but what's he doing rn

Lucifer: Now I'm more confused than I was

Lucifer: He sounds so awkward

Lucifer: Did someone steal his phone to text you