Chapter 5

A/N Enjoy le typos cuz I'm too lazy to proofread whoops

Disney World is a lot of fun, but, like all good things, it comes to an end far too quickly. It's safe to say that, by the time they leave, Jack is a good friend of the entire Novak family, and Kelly is Alex's official second mom. It sucks that they only get a week together, but it's more than enough time for the Klines to become a nice addition to their ever growing family.

Now, everyone's back home — everyone but Castiel, of course, who's back on his world tour as May comes to a close. The show starts in about an hour, and now he's scrambling to find everything he needs.

"'Cause heaven forbid they just leave everything in one place," Castiel mutters, running a hand through his hair in exasperation. Louder, he asks, "Where'd the rainbow tie go? I can't do Yasss' without the rainbow tie!"

The only person to answer is Julian Richings — better known as Death, the lead singer of the Four Horsemen band. "I'd help you look, but I'm going on in a minute. Did you check the trench coat? Maybe someone left it with the coat."

"No, that never occurred to me," Castiel says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Julian's unphased by that — he's gotten used to it over the last two years of opening Castiel's stadium tours. "Try checking the pockets."

"I swear to god, if someone hid the goddamn tie in my pocket —" Castiel growls, marching away to check his trench coat pockets.

"Hey, Cas, wait up," Dean calls after him, but when Castiel doesn't slow down, he jogs to keep up. "Dude, chill. You've still got a solid hour to find it."

Castiel groans. "Can you just... not?"

"Okay, you gotta lighten up," Dean tells him. "You're on tour. This is supposed to be fun."

"No, it's supposed to be fun for the audience," Castiel snaps. "It's nothing but a pain in the ass behind the scenes, and I told you that when you said you wanted to come along. If you can't deal, then go home."

"Cas —"

Dean grabs his wrist roughly, turning him around to face him. Castiel pulls his arm free, crossing them over his chest in annoyance.

"Cas, you have to get that stick out of your ass," he says. "You're looking for a tie. You are literally looking for one goddamn tie that nobody will care if you don't have tonight."

"Well, if everyone had done their job like they were supposed to —"

"Well, they didn't, and now you have to deal," Dean interrupts. "Things happen, Cas. You gotta learn to adapt, and stop taking it out on everyone else."

Castiel just rolls his eyes and walks away. He can hear Dean sigh, but the boy doesn't follow him.

And, sure enough, the rainbow tie is in his trench coat pocket.

~~

Castiel beams out at the crowd, listening to their thunderous applause now that 'Yasss' is done. He's sure this is a great picture moment that will end up all over the internet — the wonderful rainbow outfit, trench coat thrown haphazardly on the ground behind him.

"You know," Castiel says, "there's more to being gay than rainbows." He pulls his tie-dye rainbow shirt off, and the audience cheers again, despite the fact that he has another t shirt under it — as always. "Now, we can dress it up all we like, but honestly, it's no different than any straight relationship. It's just people who love each other and want to spend their whole lives together — and, as of 2015, that's legal in every state across the country!"

The audience cheers at that, because he purposely made it sound inspirational, when it's really not. He waits for them to calm down before he continues.

"And today is the first time I have been onstage since it became official that I have found that person —"

The audience cheers again, and he waits for them to calm down again.

"And, as a gift to you for making this first day back so fun for me, I brought you all a gift."

The audience cheers, and Castiel doesn't wait for them to quiet down again, instead just yelling over them, "So give a nice warm welcome to my fiancé, New England Patriots quarterback Dean Winchester!"

The audience gets impossibly louder, and Dean steps out from they wings, a guitar hanging across his body. He waves at the audience as he walks over to his fiancé, giving him a quick kiss, which just makes everyone cheer even louder.

"Hey, Foxboro," Dean says when they've calmed down, and obviously the calm doesn't last long. "You guys having fun?"

The audience cheers, and Dean waits for them to quiet down.

"I know Cas puts on a great show, and I hope you don't mind me slowing it down a bit."

The audience cheers again.

"Ah, I don't think they mind at all," Castiel says, causing them to get even louder. "Let's do this, shall we?"

Dean has to stand in front of the standing microphone, because he doesn't have a headset mic like Castiel, but they still stand side by side anyway, for aesthetic purposes only.

Dean's only played the first chord when he stops, leaving a very confused audience of 50,000.

"Okay, hold on, something's not right here," Dean says. He plays each string individually until he realizes the fourth string is way out of tune. "Ah, there it is. How does that even happen?"

"It probably fell over and got caught on something," Castiel says, then adds teasingly, "That's why you gotta check your stuff, Dean. God, you're holding up the whole show."

"I'm not saying it's your fault, but if you had a stand for it, it never would've fallen over," Dean replies. He plucks the string again, after having tuned it a bit. "Does that sound right?"

"Still a little flat," Castiel says. "Hold on." He twists the knob again, just a little. "Again?"

Dean plucks the string again, and Castiel just nods. Dean plays the first chord one more time, this time coming out correctly, so the audience cheers — not that they'd know if it was wrong.

"That's why I'm not a musician," Dean says. "Just for the record."

This time, they do get through the whole song, with only a few minor errors that Castiel is sure they're the only two that noticed. The audience goes wild when it's done, just as Castiel expected.

"I swear, none of you are going to have a voice tomorrow," Dean says with an amused smile. "Thank you, Massachusetts, for such a warm welcome home. I love you all."

With a wave, he leaves, and it's back to the show for Castiel.