Chapter 101

A/N Ahhhh I totally forgot to publish this before dance

Dean posts the video of him kneeling next to Jack's cat and saying "My Lord," on his Instagram story before they leave. The only context he gives is tagging @TheLordTyrion, the cat's official Instagram account.

Dean and Castiel scroll through Twitter that night, just looking at the responses to the video, and there are a lot of them.

"I'm in a constant state of wondering if Dean is a heartless sociopath that's just using Castiel for money or a complete dork but right now I'm leaning towards the second one."

"You can hear Castiel laughing so he's obviously at Jack's house too. Collab? @MishaCollins @Jack8Kline"

"I finally understand why Castiel is marrying him."

"Dean Winchester making friends with his future brother-in-law's cat."

"I feel like this goes against everything we think we know about Dean. Isn't he supposed to be annoying, not adorable?"

"I still don't like Dean but this is funny ngl."

"I firmly believe Castiel told him to do that to trick us into thinking he's not a dick and it's lowkey working."

"Why's everyone acting like this is something amazing. Isn't that how you're supposed to greet a king?"

"I'm totally retweeting that," Dean says.

"Because that's not going to make people think you're weird," Castiel says sarcastically.

"I called a cat 'my lord' and posted it online," Dean reminds him. "I think that ship has sailed."

So Dean retweets the post, and they continue their Twitter scrolling, until...

Instagram: thelordtyrion added to their story

"Ooh, let's see what he's up to," Dean says with an excited grin.

Dean taps the notification and Instagram opens. It loads far too slowly for Castiel's lack of patience, but eventually, Lord Tyrion's Instagram story opens.

It's the video Dean posted earlier, with the addition of Lord Tyrion's comment of, "Finally, a peasant with respect. Next time, @deanwinchester, bring me food, not just your flattery."

"I would literally die for this cat," Dean says. "I wish I was joking, but I'm not."

"I think you need some serious mental help," Castiel says, amused. "You would die for a cat that you can't touch in real life because you're allergic, and its actions online are controlled by a 17-year-old?"

"Yes," Dean replies as if it makes perfect sense.

Castiel shakes his head at the boy. "You are so weird."

Dean beams at that. "Aw, thanks, Cas!"

~~

"Want to watch a movie?" Dean asks as they're getting ready for bed that night.

"I guess," Castiel says. "What do you want to watch?"

"Up to you," Dean says, as if he doesn't know Castiel's first pick every time he's given the choice. "Anything I know like the back of my hand, because I need some incentive to fall asleep."

Of course, Castiel's first thought is Aladdin, as always. But that's the movie that makes him feel better, and right now, he's already feeling pretty good. Other than the paparazzi's pestering, he's had a pretty good few days. Maybe he should save that for another day, when he really wants it. Instead...