Chapter 106

A/N I literally just said Wattpad was being a little bitch because it would load my book and immediately after it loaded my book quicker than my phone had ever loaded a book and I think I might have offended Wattpad so much that it decided it had to prove me wrong

Dean and Castiel pull into the driveway of their small Sioux Falls house the day before Thanksgiving. Dean rolls their one suitcase in the house, leaving it in the doorway and immediately flopping facedown on the bed.

"Are you okay?" Castiel asks cautiously.

"I just some for almost 24 hours straight," Dean mutters. "I am so tired."

"Oh, well, that makes sense," Castiel says. It was a pretty long trip.

"'Night."

"Uh, Dean?" Castiel says awkwardly. "It's seven in the morning."

"It's bedtime."

"Want me to wake you up in a few hours so your can have some semblance of a normal to sleep schedule?" Castiel offers.

"I want to sleep forever."

Castiel nods slowly. "Alright, well, I'm gonna wake you up at noon."

"No!" Dean groans into the pillow.

"Yes!" Castiel says mockingly. "You go enjoy your nap. I'm going to take a shower."

"But I wanna watch that, too," Dean whines.

"You gotta make a choice," Castiel says. "I'm waking you up at noon, no matter when you go to bed, but you're welcome to take a shower with me if you want."

Dean lifts his head, then lets it fall back on the pillow. "I'll see you at noon."

Castiel raises an eyebrow. He must be really tired.

~~

"Dean," Castiel hums, shaking his fiancé gently. "Dean, wake up."

"No," Dean mumbles rolling to face the other way.

"It's one o'clock," Castiel tells him. "I let you sleep in a little bit, but it's time to wake up."

"I don't wanna."

Castiel sighs. "Dean, you gotta get up."

"Why?" Dean whines.

"Because I promised Lucifer we'd go stop by."

Dean sits up immediately. "Let's go see Lucifer!"

"Not until you take a shower," Castiel says. "It's been almost 48 hours, and I refuse to remind everyone of all my fiancé's worst qualities."

"If you think my worst quality is my lack of hygiene, I'd say I'm doing pretty good," Dean says with a grin. "Now, would you like to join me?"

"I already took a shower, remember?" Castiel says.

"Doesn't mean you can't join me for mine."

Castiel rolls his eyes and gestures for Dean to leave. "Go, shower — and make it quick. I want to see Alex."

"Can do." Dean presses a kiss to Castiel's cheek. "Be right back."

~~

"Alex might still be sleeping, so be quiet when you go in," Castiel tells his fiancé, then knocks on the front door of what used to be the Novak family house until Lucifer took it over.

There's a bit of a wait, until finally, Claire opens the door. A smile grows on her face when she sees them standing there. "You made it!" She pulls then both into a hug, then steps back to let them inside. "Alex is still finishing up her nap, but she's usually up by two anyway."