Chapter 131

A/N Y'all are only getting this chapter because Taylor Swift just dropped the best song from her new album so far and it's so freaking cute omg "my heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue, all's well that ends well that ends up with you""this is our place" "I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover"im literally in fucking tears you don't even understand i fucking love it she and Joe are so happy and there's barely a month until their three year anniversary and she mentions it in the song and im fucking crying you don't understand

"Hey, Cassie, guess what?" Lucifer says bounding into the room with something hidden behind his back.

"What?"

"I got you another gift."

Castiel cocks his head to the side, confused. "Why didn't you put it with my other gift?"

"Not gonna lie, I totally forgot," Lucifer says. "I'm a busy muffin with two functioning brain cells. It's not my fault."

"It's all good," Castiel says. "You don't need to get me anything else. The video was the best gift I could have asked for."

"Nope, this is the best gift you could have asked for," Lucifer says. "I didn't have time to wrap it, because, again, two functioning brain cells, but here."

Lucifer holds out a copy of the Bee Movie, and Castiel shakes his head at him. "Wow, thank you very much, Lucifer," he deadpans. "I'll treasure it always."

"I know you will," Lucifer says with a grin. "I worked very hard to get this for you. It's very special."

"Uh huh," Castiel says sarcastically. "I'm sure it is."

"You'll never escape the Bee Movie," Lucifer says. "I'll always be there, handing you a copy, at least twice a year. You're welcome."

~~

"You know what the worst part of this Christmas was?" Castiel asks, cuddled up with his fiancé on Lucifer's couch.

"The Bee Movie?" Dean guesses.

"No, but good guess," Castiel says. "No, the worst part was realizing that I really am the most ignorant person on the planet."

"What do you mean?"

"How the actual fuck did I not realize you were going to propose?"

Dean chuckles. "You know, I was wondering the exact same thing at the time. I flat out almost didn't propose because I couldn't tell if you were going to say 'yes.'"

"I really am a dumb bitch, huh?" Castiel says.

"Yeah, but you're my dumb bitch." Dean kisses his forehead.

"You were supposed to say that I'm not a dumb bitch," Castiel says.

"And y'all were supposed to stop swearing in my Christian household," Lucifer says, popping his head into the room.

"How the actual goddamn fuck did you hear us out there?" Dean asks.

"I hear everything," Lucifer replies. "And there's a smol child in the house, so y'all gotta start acting smol-child-appropriate when you're here, a'ight?"

"But I have to swear," Dean says. "It's gay culture."

"And that is the reason homophobia exists."

Lucifer disappears, leaving Dean and Castiel alone again. Neither of them say anything at first. It's hard to pick up a conversation after Lucifer appears. But after a pause, Dean breaks the silence.

"I forgot how much I liked Christmas."

"Me, too," Castiel replies. He spent most of last Christmas alone in Dean's house, and the Christmas before he was puking all day at his own house. This is a nice change.