Chapter 91

"When's she gonna come back?" Dean whines. "I want ice cream."

"You sounds like a five-year-old," Castiel says.

Dean shrugs. "I'm young at heart."

"Okay, but what you're not going to do is annoy the waitress —" Castiel begins, but Dean cuts him off.

"Well, duh," Dean says. "I'm gonna complain to you, not her. She's just doing her job."

"Good Dean," Castiel says, patting his leg like a dog. He would have patted his head, which would make more sense, but people keep looking at them, and he doesn't want to be weird.

"Yes I am good Dean," he says with some weird accent that Castiel can't place. "Do you want to go skateboards?"

Castiel just stares at him blankly.

Dean sighs dramatically. "It's TomSka, Cas."

"I don't know what that is," Castiel tells him. The name sounds familiar, though, so either Dean or Lucifer has probably mentioned it before.

"Then I'll make you watch all his videos when we get home," Dean says.

"No," Castiel says quickly. "Anything but that."

"Okay, I'll make you watch the rest of the Marvel movies when we get home instead," Dean says with a satisfied smirk.

"Okay," Castiel says, much to Dean's surprise.

"Wait, seriously?"

Castiel shrugs. "Sure. I mean, I liked Loki, and Captain America's kinda hot."

"'Kinda'?" Dean repeats. "Steve is the hottest character of the Marvel movies — but that's really the only thing he's good for. He's actually really boring, but his movies are good."

"I liked him," Castiel says.

"Cas, I'm sorry to break it to you," Dean says, looking very sympathetic, "but that means you're boring, too."

Castiel chuckles. "I mean, you're not wrong." He jerks his head towards the waitress, walking their way. "I think you're getting your dessert now."

"Oh, thank god," Dean says. "I need sugar."

"You're turning into Gabriel," Castiel says, amused.

Dean gasps, acting insulted. "Cas, don't compare me to that thing."

Castiel just shakes his head in amusement.

"Want to split an ice cream sundae?" Dean asks.

"Are you capable of sharing food?" Castiel counters.

"Usually no, but they have really big sundaes here," Dean says. "And I'll eat anything you don't want to."

"Then sure," Castiel says.

They come to that conclusion just as the waitress brings the dessert menus over, but Dean waves them off, just ordering their sundae instead.

"Is there a point in being all gentlemanly and offering to pay when we're going to get married pretty soon and share our money anyway?" Dean asks.

"Probably not," Castiel says. "I don't know. You be you."

"I'm gonna do it anyway just to feel like a good person," Dean says.

"Welp, less work for me," Castiel says with a shrug.

The waitress brings their ice cream sundae over, placing the large glass bowl on the table between them. They both thank her before she walks away, and they can dig in.