20.

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to deal with everything that flies by me. It's incredible and at the same time, it's absolutely overwhelming.

Through the stroboscopic flashes of light, I could grab glances of people dancing on at least three different levels, with the main dance floor right in the middle of everything. It was hard to see everything else in the small split-seconds of time where my vision wasn't impaired.

And just as I'm trying to find where I'm standing in all of this, the power completely shuts down, along with the claps of people echoing all around me.

"Why are they clapping?" I ask hopefully to Petal or Gretchen, who I wish are still standing beside me.

And with relief, Petal answers, "The best part is coming up."

"The best part?" I'm confused, "There's no electricity."

"Of course there is, silly. They just like to scare newbies like you," she replies.

With no time to spare, a single giant spotlight shines down right in the centre of the room.

I could see everything with no error now. It was much bigger than I originally thought and most of it was painted in a neon plum colour. What really struck me however is the fact that this entire club has the shape of a humongous circle. And for decoration, big ocean blue chiffon drapes hung across the ceiling.

To keep people from tumbling over, railings lined the other tiered rounds higher up than us. However, I noticed a small section on the second floor was still completely open, and the dark carpet that lined the upper levels stuck out as if it were a diving board.

Why would someone design something like that? I don't think it's really practical, plus one poor drunk person could really hurt themselves if they get too close.

Two long pieces of this sparkly satin fabric descended from the ceiling, catching my attention, but not before Gretchen started speaking.

"Here you go ladies," she hands us each a drink with a little umbrella.

When did she go and get drinks? I thought she was right beside us.

At that moment, I started having the hunch that Gretchen was probably some sort of magician, especially within this circus theme club.

With my free drink in hand, which was really appreciated, I take my first sip. It was pretty much your traditional pina colada.

The entire set up that had happened in the last few minutes, must mean something big is going to happen. What that might be, I have no clue.

I didn't have to wait long to have my curiosities solved.

With a small drum roll getting louder and louder, everyone turns to that open section I saw earlier. And, with a running start, an acrobat jumps off and catches herself in the satin drapes. 

I watch as her sheer jewelled costume glistens as it kissed the fabric she holds herself up on. She twirls up and down, giving everyone a bit of a jump when she falls quickly towards the ground only to stop herself with one hand.

I wish I was as strong as her. I imagined all the people I could impress with skills like hers. 

"Wow..." I let it slip out of my mouth in awe.

Petal grabs my shoulder as she responds, "I know right? It still amazes me every single time I see it."

People move away, giving the acrobat more space to stand on the ground. But, that moment doesn't last too long, as she gives herself momentum to fly around the room once again and passes her arm near the railing of the second floor. One patron takes the time to gently kiss her hand as he sends her back on to her routine.

And just like it started, the acrobat takes a bow, somehow from way up in the air before she's whisked away up through a hole in the ceiling with her drapes. This is also that time where I realize my pina colada had also finished its delicious performance.

"Oh, you're all out, let me get you another one," Gretchen says.

"I should buy the next round," I offer, "It's the least I could do since you both brought me here."

"Cool," she replies as the dance music is turned back on, on full blast. 

I give them a thumbs up and I make my way towards the brightly lit up bar that changed colours every few seconds. The lineup isn't too long and before I know it I'm already walking back with my hands full of sangrias. I thought I would mix things up a little.

I assumed it had been hours by now, but I couldn't really tell from all of the fun I was having. We were dancing around like complete dorks, or at the very least I was. And, my new full glass of white wine probably didn't help that fact.

"Hey, Claire! Let's start a conga line!" Petal practically yells in my ear over the pounding music.

"Ok-ok-okay," I respond with glee.

I pretty much flop my arms over her shoulders, almost spilling the contents of my glass over the rim. We both thought it was pretty funny and I proceed to take the biggest gulp of my life, as we start to make our way around the dance floor. 

It took no time at all for our crazy laughter to attract the other partiers surrounding us and our line, at some point, started to look like a never-ending snake full of booze. But may I remind you, it was delicious booze. Probably some of the best booze I've ever had. I definitely want some more.

And just as if it were sent from the heavens, some sort of amazing creature hands me a flute full of bubbly. I'm pretty sure it offered it to me... I don't know... 

Wait a minute... hmmm... I can't remember what I was talking about.

Anyways, having people follow behind me as I exclaim every word to every song, as loud as I can, is quite the confidence booster.

"Okay, that's it," Gretchen pulls us out of the line into a less hectic area.

"We were having fun." Petal says shrugging like a big baby.

My mind clearly had different questions.

"Whe-whe-where did you come from?" I ask Gretchen.

She looks at me with this expression, almost like her face is distorted from a camera filter. I don't get it.

"Are you a magician?" I go on, "Cause I'm pretty sure you're a magician."

With a big eye roll, she says, "Okay, that's it you're coming with us."

She grabs us each by the hand and drags us towards the exit. I hand my now empty glass off to some random person on our way out. 

Once we're outside and walking down the road, I make it my mission to stop them in my tracks.

"But my-my hotel is that way," I flail my arms in no specific direction.

"I'm sure it is," Gretchen baby's me, "but you are really drunk. I don't trust you on your own. So, we're going to have a sleepover."

"Yay!" Petal jumps with joy, hugging me ecstatically. 

"Okay," I melt with happiness.