Dear Potato,

Dear Potato the goldfish,

It's been a while since we've seen each other. I wonder if you would even remember me, I hope you do. I lived in the same room as you for a while and I've fed you a few times too. And if that's still too vague for you, I was the one with the blond hair who shared a familiar nickname to you. Although, for you, it's actually your name.

...Well, I've definitely missed you, and your bedroom, and your roommate. Or do you prefer to call her mom? The one with the gorgeous brown curls and freckles?

Did she tell you about how awful of a person I am, cause she's right. I should have never done what I did and the fact that it took me until that point in time to realize that the only person I've ever been in love with is her, is not okay. Now, even if she decides to never talk to me again, I want you to tell her that I will regret everything I've done to her until the end of time.

This is it, I guess...

This is my last attempt at sending her a message, so if you could pass it on to her I would be grateful.

Oh, not to forget...

... If you wish, I'll have two seats set aside for you and Tess at my brother's wedding. I'll send Chase the address if you decide to come. It's New Year's Eve.

I'll be the one wearing the badass suit, by the way.

I really do want you to come.

Your forever ashamed friend,

Claire.

PS. I hope you enjoy the gift I sent along. It used to be in my room as a kid, but I hope that now it will decorate your home nicely.