18

Hazel's pov (flash back 13 years ago)

"Mommy where are you going?" I asked my mommy who was packing her stuff. See mommy goes places sometimes to make green stuff to keep the lights on, I think she called it money.

"Baby mommy can't take care of you anymore okay? Mommy isn't...well enough to. But mommy will always love you, do you understand?" I brought Mr.Fluffy the little bear my daddy gave me when he left to my heart.

"Mommy I don't understand. Daddy left because of umm what he call it? Oh the gang. Why are you leaving me now?" She closed her suit case and picked me up carrying me to the living room.

"Baby this is Mrs.Kiley. She is going to take you till they find out okay?" I slowly nodded as mommy put me in the new lady's arms. She kissed my head quickly and left without another word.

"Call me Nana okay sweetheart? My family will take care of you till they come okay? And when they do we will still be your family." She carried me out and walked across our apartment buildings just as the cops came running into my home.

"Mrs.Ki- Nana who is they?" She set me in a bed and pulled the blanket up to my chin.

"Love, they are also known as foster care. But I'll tell you when you're older okay? Now go to bed. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow." She left me in the new room as I looked up at the ceiling.

"Daddy when will you come back?" I cried before I closed my eyes.

Hazel's pov (present)

I shoot up out of the well whatever I was laying on to see a room full of people I care about sleeping all over. Not only my friends and adopted dad but Nana and my big "brothers" Keshawn, Lamar, and Jordan, Nana's sons.

I looked down at the warmth that was laced with my fingers. There sat the one and only Ace King. What am I going to do about him, Ace the gangleader. Ace my boyfriend who some how wove his self into my heart so quickly.

"He thinks it's his fault, he refused to leave your side." I looked up at Nana who sat on my other side. She is a 60 year old black women who doesn't look a day over 30, she has never told me wrong.

"He is an incredible guy but..."

"But what love?" Nana spoke softly seeing my pain. I swear she is a superhero.

"But he is the next leader to a gang... I don't know if I can do that." a tear dropped as she wiped it away.

"Hmm. Well would you like my point of view?"

"Please." I turned my head so I looked at her completely.

"This boy is willing to give every thing up for you and whether you want to admit it or not, a gang is where you belong. And that is hard for an old women to admit. It is in your blood whether you like it or not. This boy is the same way except he grew up with his father showing him the ropes. I think you should stay with him, he refused to leave even when his father told him to. And may I add he is one fine ass boy." I gave a small laugh and a smile as I looked back at Ace. Maybe he can help me find who I am meant to be and where my father is.

"I'll give him the chance he deserves, maybe this is right."

"Good choice now let's wake up these things all around your room. Slippery sloths?"

"God yes!" Nana grabbed 4 cups of water and then we began putting soap on the floor in between people. Then we dumped water on everyone including my adopted dad.

Everyone sprung up then fell right back down because of the soap. Me and Nana just kept laughing our asses off and then suddenly everyone stopped as they looked at me up and laughing. Then suddenly I was tackled by Blu and Angel.

"Yes hello my babies I'm still alive." After they were off everyone helped clean up before getting a hug. I was hugging Jordan when I heard a cough looking at Nana who pointed her eyes at Ace who was in the corner.

"Glad you're up sis." Jordan said catching my attention.

"Yeah me to bro, can you guys give me and Ace a minute please?" They all nodded and walked out as I stood next to my bed and Ace in the farthest corner.

"How long was I out?" I asked breaking the silence and looking up at him to find him looking at the ground.

"Six days, and all because of m-"

"Don't give me that shit. I've done it a million times before it's nothing really. I'm breathing, I'm fine. Ace look at me." His piercings grey eyes caught me suddenly as he walked towards me in long strides.

"Hazel do you remember my words the night you had your attack?"

"Yes I remember everything you told me about your gang, the blue roses. Your child and your ex girlfriend. I know and guess what I don't care. I don't care that you're in a gang and I definitely don't care that you are the next leader. Because guess what Ace I'm bonded to one! Gangs are in my blood! Do you hear me!! Gangs are me! I never knew my father but all I was told about his that he was the largest mafia in Stonewall untied he moved. I don't care Ace!" yelled at him as I yanked on his shirt. I kept going till finally his lips met mine and my hands fell to my sides.

His right hand met my right cheek as the left laid on my lower back pushing me closer to his warm body. I wrapped my hands around his neck as he just stayed there kissing till he slowly pulled away laying his forehead on mine, his eyes still closed.

"We will talk about everything when we leave this cursed place. I just wanted to know you were still here and that I wasn't dreaming. Hazel you are mine, and I don't think I can ever lose you. If I do then I will lose myself, my heart. Promise me you won't ever leave me? Promise me I can wake up and know I will see you that day?"

"I promise Ace."