47

Ace's pov
4 months later

"Babygirl stop! You shouldn't be moving listen to the damn doctors." I yelled at Hazel as she tried to make it down the stairs. This women hates bed rest but with the twins and being 7 months she is huge. In a good way! Yeah, huge in a good way.

"Leave me alone! I want my ice cream and fries from earlier." I rolled my eyes at her as she let me take her hand at the bottom of the stairs. As we walked in the kitchen, well as she waddled in the kitchen I noticed Jay, Makx, and Max were all up as well.

Hazel smiled big and happily hugged Malx. They've gotten even closer if possible and although I know I have nothing to worry about that's still my girl not his.

"Babyyyyyyyy I want Popeyes chicken." Hazel whined as she waddled towards me. I opened my arms for her and she happily wrapped her's around me and started cuddling into me. I smiled down at her and she just sat there watching everyone talk and slowly forgot about the chicken, fries, and ice cream she wanted.

"Boss! There is a guy outside looking for Hazel. Something about being her grandfather. Titan is with them." I turned to the guy who dared to disturb this moment.

"Titan is here!! Let him in let him in!" Hazel said happily as the guy looked at me waiting for a approval.

"I SAID LET HIM IN." Hazel now yelled and started to waddle to the man. He quickly turned on his heels and darted for the door not wanting to deal with the pregnant boss. I grabbed her hand and helped her walk to the front room and sat her on the couch. I stayed standing to protect her at all cost.

"Little brother! Welcome back to our home. How is the girlfriend?" Hazel smiled happily at her twin brother. The man with him was old but didn't look a day over 65. Unlike other people his age he still had some muscle on him and he stood with confidence. We locked eyes for a second and a flash back of when I first met Scorpion hit my mind. That is definitely his father.

"She is good sick but good. Hazel this is our grandfather, Rhino Martinez. He came back from Mexico and I informed him on what had happened." Titan said as he now looked at their grandfather. Hazel went to speak but he cut her off.

"It's finally nice t0 see the grandchild who caused all this trouble. Caused my son to lose his life. Titan wasn't lying when he said you look just like Scorpion. Named for his vengeance and danger but made someone like you." Hazel stared at the man as I stood a bit taller. Those words meant nothing but disrespect and no one disrespects my queen in her own home.

"Titan I want him off my property before I have my me-" Hazel cut off my words.

"Once I met my father again memories I locked away because of the pain came flooding back. I removed your face, his, Titan's. Everyone's who I thought caused me pain. I remember your face the day I was 'killed' It wasn't hurt like it is now though. It was happy and strong as you watched me and Titan play one last time before we left. I am my father's daughter fully and his death was never my intentions. Watching him die will forever be one of the worst things in my life. I didn't ask for him to come but he came to selvage those years he was gone. I'm sorry for your loss but you're not the only one who lost something." Hazel's words hit him you could see his 'big bad' persona change. The way she can do that still shocks me to the core.

"Your father loved you the second you came out. He expected two boys so when a girl came out first he fell in love all over again. We haven't seen a girl born in the family for almost forty years. Everyone loved you and Titian and knew you both would carry this legacy into even greater things. Scorpion let everyone think you died even Titan until he was sixteen. I thought our legacy, our family was dead." He's words had no emotion behind them. That's what a mafia leader is brought up to do. Show no emotion no matter what.

We all sat there for a few minutes. No one moved, no one said a word. I looked to Hazel she sat there with an angelic smile on her face. She put her hand out and I helped her up. She smiled at me then walked towards Rhino. She looked up at her grandfather and hugged him. He didn't know what to do for a moment. From how he raised Scorpion he never felt love like Hazel's. Her ability to make you feel warm, welcomed, and secure with just a simple smile or hug. He broke, he started to cry as he hugged her back. It wasn't a loud cry, no it was a silent cry of pain. I know that cry.

"I've missed you grandfather. I remember the warm hugs, the big laughs. The fishing trips I begged to go on even though it was only for the boys. I remember and I missed you." Rhino looked down at Hazel. I still sat silent just watching. Titan sat silent as well. As a mafia leader weakness is death. And you never know who's watching and will question your leadership. We show weakness only in front of our women and children.

"It's time I get going. Thank you Hazel. Titan thank you as well. Ace I've heard great things about you and your family. Take care of my granddaughter and great-grandchildren or I'll be back." We locked eyes and I nodded at him in a sign of respect for the elderly. He nodded back and looked at Hazel one last time before heading for the door. Titan nodded at me and followed Rhino out the door. Hazel waddled back towards me and stood on her toes for a kiss. I happily gave it to her.

"Promise me you will never leave?" She looked at me eyes soft but serious. I'll never understand how she does that look.

"I promise my queen."

••••••••
A few more chapters and it's over :)
-T.L