34

Hazel's pov

He looked at me like I put a bullet through his heart. Like his world was the one that just got crushed in to a trillion little pieces. I lowered the gun as my eyes fell on his face. The strong structure that hunted my dreams. The eyes I craved so deeply on cold nights.

"You left...you left me." I cried out as he approached me slowly. The gun was still high even though I had no ententes to pull the trigger.

"I had to you weren't safe with me. Diamond was never supposed to leave you like she did. I am so very sorry Hazel." He was to close as I aimed the gun to the ceiling and shot.

"NO! You don't get to try and talk out of this! YOU DON'T GET TO PLAY VICTIM WITH ME!" I screamed at him as the end of the gun pushed against his chest now. I was just so angry and upset.

I looked around me seeing the men he had there. My "brother", an older guy, and few middle aged men, and Ace. I stopped at Ace as he just looked at me waiting for my next move. I seen it he purple mark on the side of his face but he seemed calm and wasn't bound to anything.

"Please Hazel it's time we talk about this, about our family." I looked back at him eyes still stained red but no more tears falling.

"No it's your family. My family is the people who were there when you were not. The didn't come out of no where, kidnap me, and chain me to a bed. Ace, get my dogs and take me home.I need to go." I set the gun down looking at him one more time before walking out the door with Ace following.

The ride was silent, getting inside my apartment was silent, laying down was silent. Ace sat at the foot of the bed as I just stared blankly at my walls.

"Hazel..." I sat up looking him straight in the eyes.

"He left, she left, I was taken, I was given, I was adopted. I fought, I smiled, I became okay...and then he came back. Why does it hurt..." I cried into his chest that night. Not caring if he seen my tears. Before I fell asleep I felt cold, lost, sacred. Why all this time? Why do this to me...dad.

4 days later

I walk around silently, not even sounds are made by the dogs. His eyes hunt me begging me to give in and talk to him but I can't bring myself to it. I haven't had the push to eat, I barely have the push to take my dogs out. My world just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

A knock ran though the apartment as I sat up pulling my hair into a bun and out of my face. I slowly walked down the stairs Blu waiting at the bottom.

"Come on girl let's go see." I rubbed her ear as we got to my front door. I froze mid turn as I heard the voice on the other side.

"Hazel....it's Titan your brother." I let the handle go stepping back. Blu whined at the door as I heard him let out a heavy breath.

"Go away, I don't want to see anyone." I stepped back some more.

"Please Hazel...I only found out about you a few years ago, before I took you to see dad. He didn't want you to know but I did, I made this mess. Please let me explain the truth." I moved slightly but not a lot.

"I can't tell if you're lying or not, how am I to believe you..." I waited for a response.

"You can't, you have to trust me." I didn't notice I was touching the door until I heard it open. I looked up at the tall man in front of me. Well I guess tall boy seeing we were twins and only eighteen.

"You have ten minutes." I walked towards the couch sitting down as he sat across from me.

I looked at him just analyzing, he was me but a guy. We had the same well everything. From the same eyes to the same chin mark at the tip of our chins. It was like my copy in the opposite sex. We just sat there for a while looking each other up and down trying to see what the other was like with no words.

"If I could show you the memories in my head of dad crying from not being able to get you, you would cry. He fought every day to make sure you made it into good foster homes or group homes. When he decided to give you Apollo or whatever you changed the white pits name to after great grandad died, he wished he could of gave you him personally. He did everything for you Hazel. He would of gave you the shirt off his back if it meant you were safe. They still want you, you are the key." Before I could reply my door slammed open and Ace marched in gun in hand pointed at Titan.

"We made an arrangement, why are you here?!" I stood up between the two both towering over me. I had my hand over the gun as Ace looked at me. He lowered it before hugging me tightly.

"I'm okay baby. I want to hear him out." He nodded his head and sat down and Titan sat at the same time. I turned back to Titan and nodded to continue.

"You are the first born girl in three generations, you are what our elders prayed for. Dad knew you would be threatened since you are the first seen female of the Kilman last name. He had no choice, your the key to the family safe, the family legacy. Before Diamond took you dad put your finger and eye scan into the safe not to be touched until everyone reunites. We were getting threatened, all our wepons and money to buy things and help are in the safe, I knew we needed you but dad refused to give you up. So I found you on my own. Please Hazel, I just need you to open the safe and then if you truly want I'll make Hazel Kilman and Hazel Grey disappear off the earth. Only if you open the safe and talk to him..."

All that huh...