46

Ace's pov
I knocked out the guy who I've been fighting with. I breathed out heavy as I looked at my men fighting. We were winning and those who stood against us were falling quickly.
I looked around from Hazel. She is the reason all of this is happening I need to find her an make sure she is safe. Looking around my eyes landed on her as she held a gun looking at something. She stood over Fernando's dead body as I trailed her eyes to figure out what had her attention in a time like this.

Scorpion.

He was being pinned by Eric but he wasn't fighting back. He looked around first at Titan then at Hazel. He gave her a small smile and I knew he was prepared to leave this world. I looked back at Hazel as tears started to flow from her eyes. She was raising her gun as Eric was raising the knife he had. I sprinted towards her. She isn't in her right mind.

Bam

Her finger left the trigger as everyone who was still fighting paused to look at the only gun shot given off for the last few minutes. She dropped the gun as Eric's body fell on Scorpion's, both not moving. I grabbed her tightly and shoved her into my chest away from the scene. She cried and hit my chest but I knew what she was feeling. Regret, pain, heartbreak. I looked as the knife was in the middle of Scorpion's chest.

Titan quickly ran over as he pushed the dead Eric off his father. He looked down at his father trying to not show emotion but when Hazel flung out my arms and into his he broke. He cried silently as I looked at them.

"Do-don't cry...my children." Scorpion's small whisper caught everyone's attention.

"Father...don't go." Titian's voice shook.

"I just got you back! You can't go! I'm not done cussing you out yet you can't leave me Scorpion!" Hazel screamed at her father as he just smiled. I will never understand this man, he was the most powerful mafia boss for years and then disappear off the face of the earth. Just to come back and leave again but permanently.

"Titan, honor our name. You are my son, you are the rightful air to this empire. I expect great things from you my boy....you will be...alright." Titan nodded at his father as I still watched this whole thing go on. The boys were already clearing the dusty and blood filled warehouse as if we were never here but I needed to see this.

"Hazel...m-my beautiful babygirl. I'm sorry...for everything I caused you. Not one da-day went by that I didn't miss you. You grew up strong, brave...you are my daughter. You have changed this life forever and you will make your mark." She cried more as we watched him slowly slip into the after life.

"Ace, watch over my daughter and grandchildren. You gave me my daughter back. I thank you." I nodded to him. He looked at Titan and Hazel with a huge smile.

"I love you both. You guys are the children of Scorpion Martinez and say it with pride. Don't ever for-for-forget- me..." Hazel let out a heavy scream as Titan grabbed her tight. I looked down at the now fully lifeless Scorpion. I nodded my head even though he could not see me anymore and I walked away. This is something Hazel needs Titan for, something I just can't give her. That hurts me but I remember her brother's words. "When he comes, he will leave a mark. Make sure that mark hits my sister in the right place." This is what he was talking about.

I walked outside to Ethan and Kyle telling everyone what to do. I watched as Kyle instructed Ethan and he passed it on from there. Kyle would of made a great boss as would Ethan. Family, family is everything in this world.

"Ace! Is she ok? Is he alive?!?" Ethan started throwing questions out left and right. I grabbed him tightly and hugged him. We never were close but I'm going to change that after today.

"Ethan how would you like to be my left hand? I could use you once you're eighteen and I think you're ready." He smiled big and nodded his head as he walked away and gave more instructions. I looked over everyone moving. A gang life is a hurtful life. You don't know if you have tomorrow so you live in today with a gun at your side.

"I'm proud little brother. I'm proud to of passed the family legacy to you. You're queen will heal. It'll take her a lot of time little brother. She might push you away in the start but fight for her. Fight for her harder then you fought today. Hold her tightly down and make sure she knows she is needed in this world." I grabbed Kyle for a hug holding for awhile before letting go.

I helped clean up the mess as Kyle made a list of all the new members. As Hazel promised they will all be welcomed and trained to fit in a rank after being tested on their loyalty. As everyone finished their jobs I stopped those who carried the gasoline tanks. I walked back in the warehouse not to find anyone there. I walked back out and nodded at the men to burn it down before walking to the back. I stopped as I seen Titan add more dirt to the pile and Hazel watch with a hand on her stomach.

"You can come closer Ace..." her voice so quiet and tampered from crying. I wrapped my arms around her as she hugged me back tightly. We watched Titan add more and more dirt. I didn't ask him if he wanted me to do some because this is his level of respect for his father. To be laid to rest by your only son is all Scorpion would of wanted. Once he finished I gave him a hand up. We all just looked at the pile now, silently thinking.

"Titan. Whenever you need me call. Whenever you want a shoulder call. You are my brother and I will always be here for you. Run this mafia as you wish but remember, call." Hazel looked up at her brother as I still just watched. I will never understand her strength. Titan just simply nodded at Hazel before hugging her one last time. As he turned to leave I finally noticed all of mine and Scorpion's men looking at the pile as well. Titan stopped in his tracks and spoke.

"Those who died today will not be forgotten. No matter the side they fought for they died with pride. With respect. With courage. We all lost brothers, sisters, friends,...and maybe even fathers today. BUT WE WILL GROW STRONGER! We will go on in their memory. We will go on with them reminding us what we fought for today." Claps thundered as I brought Hazel closer.

Today changed everything for the better.