29

Hazel's pov

After dropping off Chris's car and picking up my own I grabbed my dogs and slid on some jogging pants and a lose tank top. Making sure I had everything. I drove off to The Way, the fighting club here in Stonewall.

I stopped fighting 3 years ago after my adopted mom found out and I promised I would never do it again as long as she lived. The owner Jim called me saying someone is challenging my title as Queen Of the Ring. The title is given to the best female fighter, it took me 6 years to get it. I wasn't giving it up so easy, even if I don't fight a lot any more.

I pulled up sliding my phone in my pocket. I seen Max's light blue bike behind some trees. Ace must of sent him, so over protective for no reason. I sent Angel around to scare him out of his shadows.

"Fuck!" Max jumped out Angel nipping at his shoes.

"Are you crazy?! If they see you you are good as dead. Leave and tell Ace to stop babysitting me." I called Angel back to my side as Jim and his bodyguards came out the building.

"Ahhhhh Storm! We've missed you girl, who is your friend?" I turned to Jim.

"No one, he is leaving now isn't that right?" Max gave me a hard stare before walking to his bike and racing off.

Jim reached for me and Blu went into protective mode. She knows this place and knows what it's about. He pulled his hand back quickly as he signaled me to follow.

The place was still the same, maybe a little less dirty. A few warm up rooms and 1 dressing room for each gender to get dressed. Once you come out the disgusting hallway you come to the largest room, the the ring. A large circle with room for people to watch and a few booths for those rich enough to have. We passed the ring as I ran my hands across the thick bulky ropes. Memories ran back into my mind as I felt the emotions.

"This way if you would." I walked into the "conference" room. It's just a room with a kitchen table and a few wooden chairs.

"Storm meet Cheetah. Cheetah meet the Queen of the Ring Storm, longest title holder in The Way history." Jim sat in the middle as I took a seat on the opposite end signaling my dogs to sit.

"I'll keep this short, I want your title. You don't fight any longer so it's time a true queen takes the title." The girl was ruffly in her mid 20s, lean with much muscle no doubt. Her light brown hair in a low ponytail with her blazing blue eyes having no fear.

"I worked hard for the title, the title is not just a symbol for me, it is my ways. I'm sure you've done your research on me, so you know my record. I will never back down from a fight. If you want to do this so be it, I'll give you your chance. Know once you lose you will walk away, head low, and won't come back for my title at all. Understand?" I stood up now as she jumped up to match me. This escalated quickly but I was so mad at Ace I had to let it out.

"Deal, know I don't fear you like everyone else." I smirked as I walked towards her Blu and Angel growling. I breathed low and slow in her ear.

"Good, I don't want you to be. I've been aching for a real challenge." With my final words I said goodbye to Jim and left off to Ace's to give him a piece of my mind.

I sped out the dirt way kicking up dust as my baby roared loud and proud. I blasted my music to calm down a bit. I get he is trying to protect me but him smothering me makes me more of a target then me hiding in the natural population.

I put the code in as I zoomed in the gates closing right after I was in. The dogs jumped as they seen Aragon racing with the car. It made me smile till I seen Ace already outside arms crossed and mad, only if he knew what he was about to hear.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING GOING THERE ALONE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT CREEPS ARE AROUND THERE! AND YOU SENT MAX AWAY WHEN HE COULD HAVE PROTECTED YOU! DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!" I let him scream out his anger. Little did he know he was just adding more fuel to mine.

"You forget I had a life before you? I got around all the danger perfectly fine before you moved here Ace. I don't need a fucking hero to save me. I'm not a damsel in destress. If you would of waited till I got back you would of known where I went. But instead you have to act big and bad all the fucking time!" My voice was clam and cool until my last words. I was absolutely pissed.

"I'm a mafia leader Hazel! What do you expect me to do! You are a target in my life now!" He screamed back and that, that hurt me.

"So you are a mafia leader before a lover? Before a father? Figure out your ways Ace because this yelling back in forth with a 'mafia leader' isn't on my to do list." I said coldly. I pushed passed him and ran to a quiet room. I opened a random door and slammed it shut. I needed alone time, no one else but myself.

I heard a car engine start then tires digging into the gravel. I knew he was gone when the sound of the metal gates closed. At that sound I cried, I cried hard. I haven't cried hard in 3 years...I haven't even shed more the a few tears for 3 years. What the fuck is he doing to me! I stayed in the room for a few hours till a tiny knock hit the door.

"Hazel...daddy isn't home yet. Can you read me a story to sleep please?" I made sure my face looked okay and picked up the little girl on the other side of the door.

As we read her book I paid no attention. I was busy thinking about the man that angered my soul so much. Angered me to much but drove me so crazy in love. God my emotions are all over.

"You know, daddy never felt like this. You make daddy mad and happy. You help daddy a lot. Thank you Hazel." Heaven whispered as she fell asleep on my chest.

He has done a lot for me too babygirl. More then you will ever know.