41

Ace's pov

I slammed open the door to Scorpion's office seeing the beat up nurse tied to a chair. Everyone sat around her as I seen her eyes grow larger and larger as they reached out to touch her.

"Leave her be." I said as everyone backed away from her.

She looked very beat up, like she was holding on to the last few strings of life. Her hair was nappy and she had dirt marks all over her like some animal.

"She claims she knows where Hazel is." Max spoke up as I still just looked at her.

"Get her cleaned up and feed then we will question her." I turned around to walk out.

"No! We don't have that much time! Please we need to go back and save her!" She jumped up as everyone pulled a gun out pointing it towards her.

"How do I know what you say is true then?" I turned back towards her as everyone lowered their guns.

"Hazel said say her dogs names, Blu and Angel-face and you will believe me. I'm doing this for my own child and your unborn one. You must believe me." Our signal to trust a stranger is the dog names.

"Everyone leave us. Tell Scorpion to get in here. Have a seat sweetheart." She sat back down slowly hesitant from the calmness in my voice. I mean I'm Ace King one of the most fear-able men in today's world and I sound nice.

"Where is my daughter you bitch!" Scorpion stormed in as I caught his arm. He was beyond pissed but he can't lose our only lead.

"Stop! Hazel told her our code name if we need to  trust a stranger, she is here to help us. Go on...."

"Kirsten, Kirsten Patrick." The last name immediately hit me. The Angels a Mexican Mafia in South Dakota. The leader and a great business partner lost his wife sixteen years ago just after having their son.

"Well Kirsten tell me where my Queen and child is and I'll return you to your King and child." Her eyes grew wide.

"Last warehouse on the east side. Abandoned four years ago. They have her in the largest cell so they have room to uh...make the next generation. They don't know she is pregnant. Their plan is for you to storm in, get blindsided, and have you watch them rape her then kill you all. Every door and window has at least two guards. There is one way in and one out. You ha-" She stoped her sentence as one of the technicians walked in. Her breath dropped as he pulled out a gun and I dove in front of her.

We landed on the ground as I felt the bullet zoom past my head. I heard struggling as I pulled the pistol out from my belt. I jumped up from the desk to see Scorpion shoot the tech falling with blood coming out of his chest. His eyes were cold as he let all this emotion out of one bullet.

"Well found the rat. Get everyone ready we will be going in to a debriefing in an hour then we will set out to get my daughter. Send me a female driver so they can get Kirsten out of here, also call The Angels and tell him of our discovery. Ace stay to talk." He faced his group member that watched the whole thing. They immediately responded to his words as he rushed Kirsten out.

"What is it Scorpion?" He set the gun down and looked at the blood on his hands. This life style truly takes a toll on you.

"After she is safe, after she is back in your care. I'm leaving permanently. I did my time, I've done so much bad trying to weigh it with some type of decency. I want to go down swinging, I want her to see the last that I do be good. I ask that you take care of my princess, give her the best life you can a long with my grandchild. Watching her grow up in the shadows, I know, I know she will be okay without me." Stunned by his words I simply nodded. A man's pride can be his most vulnerable asset or his strongest.

"You know it will kill her? No matter what you are still her father and she...she loves you." He pulled a framed picture out of his desk and looked at it while sitting down. He opened it and took out an envelope handing it to me. Then he flipped the picture around showing me Hazel as a young girl. Her hair flying in the wind as she was being pushed on a swing, innocents was all you seen.

"I have never stopped loving her and I never will. Semper mihi infantem puella, meis in perpetuum. Take care of my babygirl Ace, and when this is over, give that to her please." I nodded my head and walked out the door to let him be at peace till we left.

The car ride was silent as everyone prayed for their lives. As a person is this business you know the weight of having to win or you know the pain of having to say goodbye. It's never a game when guns are drawn or knifes are thrown. It's life or death and that just how it goes.

"Boss we are here but it looks...well it looks empty." I stood and looked out the windows. It was silent with no guards. Something was wrong even if they were hiding.

"Team M and H scoop from the hills. F and G on the ground. A and D stay here." I said through my ear piece to all the leaders of each group.

I grabbed my gun as Scorpion emerged from another car heading up the mountains with his group. I pointed my gun at the door as my team filed out the van. I watched where I stepped knowing well that anything can happen.

"Ace I see Hazel she is in west wing covered in goons. She looks passed out. It doesn't look good." Derrick's voice came through my ear as I became angry. Malx grabbed my shoulder telling me to calm down silently.

I can't get clouded now, my baby needs me fully under control. I'm coming baby I promise.

•••••••••
Remember to comment and vote
Until next time troublemakers
-T.L.