27

Ace's pov

I woke up to an empty bed, plate of warm food to my right, and the shower running. I smiled as thoughts of last night ran freely through my head. As I ate I listened to Hazel sing to the songs that came out of my speakers. She really did have a beautiful voice, I don't understand why she doesn't sing publicly.

Once my plate was finished and the shower was turned off I got up, put the plate back on the table and knocked on the door.

"May I come in?" I asked her as I got a sweet yes. I walked in to see her wearing dark ripped jeans and my football jersey from sophomore year.

"Hope you don't mind I hadda get outta those clothes, Amelia gave me these pants and a new undergarment set that is quite comfortable. I gotta bring more clothes here. Oh yeah, your mom was here said your brother is in town." I smiled as she rambled on with her words paying no mind to me. Wrapping my arms around her I hugged her tightly not wanting her to leave.

"Do you have to go to school? Just one day won't hurt my love, please stay with me?" I stuck out my bottom lip. She smiled, turned to face me and kissed me wrapping her own arms around my neck.

I picked her up with ease as her legs were now around my waist. Carrying her back to bed and setting her down gently she pulled away from me earning a growl on my end. She laughed as she pushed me back up and went to lace up her sneakers.

"Yes I do have to go. You got your education, I'm getting mine. Besides it's only eight hours you can manage." I pulled a shirt out my closet and pulled on basketball shorts. All my classes are online except the first one. So pretty much I go to school for 45 minutes then come back and deal with the gang. These 2 weeks need to hurry so I can leave the place.

"Fine! Guess I'm going to." I rolled my eyes as she pulled her backpack on one side and grabbed my hand.

"Come on you big baby." We walked to the cars, I hadda take her keys so she wouldn't leave school without me picking her up. That got me the silent treatment in the car. It was a real quiet ride to say the least. Once we pulled up into the school she stepped out and damn that ass is fine. What?!? Have you seen it move! Any man would drop dead because of its booty power.

We were all talking in the circle we made every morning before class starts. She still didn't wanna talk with me so I gave her keys back and that got me a smile and a hug.

"See wasn't that hard." She said now leaning her back against my chest.

"Nahh but his dick was last night." Dane said as he did our handshake with Derrick. Hazel just laughed before responding.

"Well least he can get hard baby boy, date with your computer last night right? How'd it go?" She fired back as everyone started making sounds and slapping her hand.

"Aceeeeee!! She is being mean again!" He pouted as she hugged him with a smile.

"Awww it's okay, you're still my favorite red head." Everyone's laughs died down as the bell rang and we separated to our lockers.

We walked to Hazel's locker. Since I only come for 1 period I don't have a locker. I told the school I don't need it so I just put my stuff in her's. We go to the same class so why not.

After she got what she needed and made me grab my stuff we headed to advanced English room 705 with good old Mr.Lark. He is actually a pretty chill guy even though we hate each other.

Once we got to our seat I just pulled out my phone and put my head on Hazel's shoulder. She rolled her eyes, smiled and started paying attention to the lesson. I didn't really care about this class, I'm gonna graduate on honor roll so why should I.

The class felt so slow so I fell asleep. I don't know for how long all I know is I was woken but with a butterfly kiss then a swift move to the side. Once I opened my eyes Hazel walked to the door leaving me to catch up. We walked to my car once I caught up since her next class was across the campus.

"Text me when you get home and don't stress over the work." She gave me a simple kiss and walked away. I swear on my grandad's grave imma marry that girl.

Hazel's pov

I felt him watch me as walked away. I met with Malx half way before looking back and smiling at Ace. He drove off as me and Malx entered the building.

"Y'all are cute together sunshine." I rolled my eyes at his stupid nickname for me. It started because on our first day of meeting I spilt yellow paint all over my shirt and it looked like the sun.

"Again with the nickname? Thanks though, I'm not gonna lie I'm worried. What if I don't fit in his lifestyle?" I said as we sat down in chemistry with Mrs.Lin.

"Well you won't know till that event happens. Every couple has that one big moment that can make you run or hold on to each other a bit tighter. Don't stress over an emotion though because most of the time they aren't real." I looked stunned at Malx. There was no denying his academics and his smarts but I didn't expect that, not out of him at least.

"You know Malx, you should be a therapist. You would help people a lot even though you hate them. It might just be that job you need." He gave me his small smile before turning to Mrs. Lin.

"Only if you knew sunshine only if you knew. Then you'd understand my words." He whispered.

What don't I know Malx? What is the missing piece?

••••••
Helloooooo beautiful humans :)
How are you?? How's this quarantine treating you in our beautiful year of 2020??

Anywhooo
How are we liking the tension in the story?
What mystery awaits Hazel?

Some of you might of noticed I changed my username. _True_Legend is the name of the game now :))

Sooo see you soon troublemakers.
_True_Legend