Chapter 2

Soon after the girls left I went into my room to pack for the holidays back at home. Lily packed her luggage last night, as much as I'm always prepared I can't seem to pack my luggage beforehand. I hate packing luggage completely.

As I'm debating about which things to leave behind, I hear my phone ringing in the kitchen, and I run to answer it without checking the caller

"Hello!"

"Hey sweetheart, just calling to check when you girls will be arriving?"

Mo, Lily and I always go home together since we don't live far from each other. I hate traveling alone and having these two with me when traveling is a plus.

"Can't wait to see me? How shocking!"

My mum and I have a close relationship, we love teasing each other, her more than me.
I value our relationship more because she always make me feel comfortable enough to talk to her about anything.

"Yes my baby is finally coming home, I'm tired of living in a male dominated house. You know how your dad and brother get, I have to watch football all day as long as they are here."

"Don't I know how those two can get? Don't worry I will be there to rescue you."

After that we talk about driving safely and such. My mum is the overprotective one between my parents, and if it weren't for my dad I'm sure I would be in college somewhere in Florida. I appreciate her long phone calls, but they always make me miss home more.

Since I have no plans I decided to clean up our apartment so that we don't leave it a mess.

Why didn't you just go with your friends? I ask myself.

'Because I hate parties and wanted to pack for Florida' I say in a 'duh' tone.

Well enjoy being alone miss I hate parties.

Geez I sound like a mad woman talking to myself. I decide to text Lily and see how her day is going at Hayden's

Hey sweet cakes

Missing me already.

Get over yourself, just checking how things are over there

Everything is great, just wish you came with us.

I had to pack and, you know how I get with crowds.

Fine fine fine, but are you okay being alone though.

I'm fine, just miss my lovely bubbly friend.

I miss you too, I will call u later before the party okay.

Okay sweet, say hi to the others😚

Will do😙

..........................

I suddenly don't want to be alone, and decide to check if my brother Noah is busy. He is a lawyer here in New York, but we don't see each other much even though we stay in the same city. He is trying to build a name for himself, and tends to be a lot busier than usual.

I sometimes wonder how he manages his demanding career, and being in a serious relationship with his girlfriend of four years. Noah met Hailey while he was doing his masters at Harvard Law. They started off as friends, but their feelings were too strong to deny so they dated five months after they met.

I am brought out of my thoughts when I hear my brother's voice on the other side of the phone.

"Hey pumpkin."