chapter 33

Odeya Rush☝🏼as Hailey. I can't figure out who to choose as Victoria 😩

"What is going on? You look to be in deep thoughts" Hailey questions me.

I drove to Hailey and Noah's place when I left Hayden's place in a hurry like a bomb was attached to my arse, running away. I couldn't get Hayden's words out of my mind, our perfect weekend took a turn for the worst within minutes.

He tried to call when I got to Hailey's place, but I couldn't bring myself to answer it. I was still angry, not only at him, but mostly at myself. I have been pretending for so long that my past life didn't exist. Every one at home pretended that it didn't exist, my mother for example; she doesn't acknowledge our grandparents and if it was up to her we wouldn't see them at all.

'Hade and I had our first fight earlier today.'

"First fights are always the worst, want to talk about it?"

'Has Noah told you about why he doesn't visit home unless necessary?'

"Not exactly, he was very vague about the details. What does that have to do with your fight with Hayden?"

'He had a nightmare this morning and wouldn't talk about it. I asked him about it and he called me out of not being completely honest with him. He said he can tell I'm holding back.'

"Noah was the same at first, but with time he started opening up to me. I know it's not everything, so I'm giving him space to deal with it because I know he will tell me when he is ready."

'So what you are saying is that I should do the same?'

"Pretty much, but he is not going to trust you if you don't offer him the same cutesy."

'The problem is that I don't know what to say, there are some things I can't remember or know from my childhood and I don't know what is the truth and what's not' I said sighing.

Since my call with mum yesterday, I started questioning myself about why she doesn't get along with our grandparents. I have been trying to fix the puzzle and there are so many missing pieces. The most important question I'm asking myself, is if those missing pieces make me whole.

"Talk to your brother or mum about it, have you started therapy?"

'Not yet, I don't think I am ready. Mind if I invite Mo over?' I ask changing the subject.

"Call her, I haven't seen her since you guys started your internships. We can all go out for lunch" Hailey beams at me as I dial Mo's number.

Since Noah is out with his friends today, we might as well have a girls day out. I spent more time with Hailey than I do with my brother, Noah's work is keeping him so busy and I hardly see him. Most days Hailey has flexible working hours, but when she gets busy, we hardly see her. She wants to have her own fashion house in future and I believe she can do it.

"Hey babe, are you back from Hayden's already?"  Is the first thing Mo says when she answers her phone.

'Hey, let's go for lunch with Hailey and her friend'

"Which friend, don't tell me you are talking about that snobbish girl from last time."

"Don't call my friend snobbish, and no. I'm taking Clarissa" Hailey answers Mo laughing.

Mo is outgoing and loud, so when we met Beth, Hailey's friend months ago we thought she was snobbish, because she couldn't stop making nasty remarks about the waitress at the restaurant and was bitchy towards Mo and I.

'I wouldn't go anywhere with Hailey, if she was bringing her'

"Great, I will be there in 20"