Chapter 48

It's my last day working as an intern at Grey Mental Health Clinic, it's still feels surreal that the three months have already passed by so soon. My time here has been nothing short of a rollercoaster, from the heavy one on one sessions with patients, volunteering at the inclusive high school and listening to people who struggle with grieve and letting go like me.

I have learned so much from Dr Pepper and Maya, and believe there's still so much to do before I can start working as a psychologist. After finding out that I'm pregnant last week, I told Hade that I think it's best to do my masters online because I don't want to postpone doing them, he was on board with the idea and no all I have to do is let the university know of my plans.

This morning when I arrived Dr Pepper asked me to fill-in for Maya and that she called in sick. I found out odd that she didn't tell me of her absence, but figured this might be payback for when I didn't tell her I wasn't coming to work. Being Dr Pepper's assistant isn't much of a hassle, but definitely tiring.

By the end of the day I'm tired and have major respect for Maya, and what she does for Dr Pepper. Thirty minutes before I can call it a day, I get a text message from Dr Pepper telling me to see her before I leave. When I'm sure that everything is in place, I walk to Dr Pepper's office and find her packing her bag. Dr Pepper never leaves at this time, she's always one of the last one to leave and first one to arrive.

"Come in Victoria." She says looking my way.

'You wanted to see me?' I ask sitting down on the couch.

"It's your last day here with us, and I wanted to say goodbye. I know I will see you tomorrow for our session, but that a different reason." She says before typing fast on her phone.

'I understand doctor.' I say relaxing in the chair.

"You did well during your time here with us, and I'm really proud to have been your supervisor. I wish you all the best in your career." Dr Pepper says walking around her big desk and picks up her bags.

'Thank you, I really learned a lot from you.' I tell her standing up and we both walk out.

I follow her out of her office and she waves goodbye as she walks down the hallway, I'm about to leave when I see my phone screen lighting up with a text from Liam.

Hey Kitten, give me a call when you get home.

I make a mental note to video call him as soon as I arrive home, we haven't talked in weeks and are due to a very lengthy video call. If there's one person I'm not worried about telling about my current situation, it's Liam.

"Hey Vicky, Pete and I are going for celebratory drinks. Wanna join us" I see Marlene approaching me.

A part of me wants to decline as my current situation doesn't allow me to drink alcohol, what if they get suspicious when they see me not drinking. And another part of me says I should go, this is probably the last time I will see them anyway, so no harm in spending two hours with them. I will make an excuse about not drinking and it has to be believable.

'Sure, no problem. Where did you have in mind?' Marlene looks at Pete with a glint in her eyes.

We walk towards Pete and the two share a secret look making me annoyed. 'Are you two going to tell me what's the the secret looks you are sharing, or should I get it out of you?' I ask with a hint of irritation.

"We made a bet, Pete here said you are going to decline our invitation." Marlene says with a laugh.

'Am I that terrible that you bet on my responses?' I ask facing Pete as we walk to the elevators.

"Not really, I just thought maybe you have plans with your boyfriend.' Pete answers looking anywhere, but at me.

..........................