chapter 6

I can't imagine what Hayden must be going through, I know they were not together for a long time, but it's still heartbreaking. All these time I didn't even sit for two minutes to think how he is handling the whole thing, who knows what's going on in his mind. I wonder if Lily had mentioned him to her family.

These last days I have been so caught up in my pain that I forgot a simple thing as calling Liam. He must think I'm the worst person on earth, I mean even I think I'm a bad person. I will have to call Liam before we leave for Florida this evening. For now let me go and take a shower, the rest will follow.

This apartment has Lily's footprints all over it, her room still has her scent besides her parents sleeping in it and our hallway has her pictures. Our living room was decorated by Lily, and I was happy to let her decorate it. Her passion was fashion designing, but I must say she also had a good eye for what fit together with what in regards to wallpapers, furniture and paint.

Lily was going to take the world by storm, for as long as I can remember she was fashionista and her parents were supportive of all her dreams. I remember when she first tod her mum that she wants to be a fashion designer, her mum laughed and said she figured it would be her career path with how much she loves shopping and dressing other people.

It wasn't a surprise when Lily was invited at the NYJ fashion show in her third year, she was one of the best in her class and when they were presented with an opportunity to compete at the New York Junior fashion Show she gave it her all. She worked on her designs and portfolio every single day, she till had to attend her classes and also give them her all.

I would wake up to find her sewing in the early morning hours with a cup of coffee next to her. I honestly don't know how she managed to pull an all nighter on certain days and still attended her lectures. All she asked me during those days was to help her with her PowerPoint presentation that she had to send two weeks before the competition day and I was more than happy to help me if it meant she will get a bit of a rest

The day before the competition was the first day in a two months she slept before 9PM. We had to wake up the next morning to load her designs in my car and drive to Central Park hall where the competition was taking place.

Monica and some of the girls from the college were modelling Lily's design, they looked spectacular in the garments and from what I saw, the audience loved them too. At the end of the competition, Lily got the second price and the first place went to a student from Colombia University.

"Victoria, breakfast is ready." Layla shouts from downstairs.

"Be there in a minute." I shout running to my bathroom to wash my face.

"We need to leave for the airport at 4PM to avoid missing our flight. New York traffic is a nightmare" I hear Luke who is probably talking to Layla.

"Morning" I yawn sitting down. "Sorry about that, I'm so sleepy. Mum will be here in an hour and Mo will arrive after lunch x

"As long as they arrive before 3PM then it's fine honey. What about Hailey and Noah?"

"They couldn't find an earlier flight so they are driving down to Orlando."

"That's going to be a long drive, let's eat and remind me to prescribe you some sleeping tablets when we get home." She says before sitting down.

"Okay, I guess those will help. I'm not really hungry, but thanks for breakfast." I mumble looking at my plate.

"Luke will be offended if you don't eat the food he prepared" Layla looks at her husband and winks.

"I guess I have no option but to eat don't I? It's not always that thee great Luke Jacobs cooks breakfast." I saw making them laugh.